So Will Smith punched Chris Rock at the Oscars last night

At least in most circles I run, I find most people are very averse to confrontation. Which is somewhat understandable given that confrontation is unpleasant and most of us just want to get along with others. But people get away with all sorts of bullshit because others aren’t willing to call them out on it. And I’ll have to include myself as one of those people who is averse to confrontation. But because others in the area didn’t understand why I was upset, I just looked like a difficult customer to them. A Karen if you will though this was long before we had Karens.

My intention was to make him both uncomfortable and for him to understand why I was unhappy with the situation. Basically I decided the relationship could not be salvaged as I would not purchase an automobile from these people no matter what. As I had no intention of hitting him, it didn’t occur to me that he might strike me. And if he just laughed in my face?

I did end up speaking very briefly to the floor manager. As for the rest, isn’t that what I did? He understood why I was angry.