Soliciting relationship advice

I’m in the early stages of a long distance relationship with a girl I met on a blind date. It’s not that long a distance really, just Philly to NYC, but all the same I only get to see her every weekend or every other.

Here’s the thing. I’m kind of an underachiever and she’s pretty much a bonafide achiever. She went to a top school, speaks four languages, and plays the piano. But I’d have to say I have the greater general fund of knowledge, better understanding of current events, politics, economics, etc… I’m more well read. …Things of that nature.

The thing is, because of our different skills I think we manage to intimidate each other at times, and I find myself walking on eggshells to avoid broaching the issue. Any advice as to how we can get other this minor thing? It’s a weird problem I know.

other = over

(she’s also a better typist) :wink:

If you both really like each other and can laugh together (this is REALLY important) I don’t see what the problem is. You will never find someone who is smart in all the same things that you are, and if you did, they would be boring as hell.
With your varied interests and education, you should both be able to learn a great deal from each other, and grow with each other.
Variety is the spice of life as they say.
Maybe there’s a little to much ego here?

Maybe you could more fully explain why you think you are intimidating each other. Is each of you going out of your way to make the other feel stupid? And why are you walking on eggshells to avoid the issue? Believe me, it will only get worse if you don’t talk about what’s bothering you ASAP. Tell your girlfriend why you are worried and ask if she feels the same way. And I second what myrnajean said–it’s possible for two people with different interests to be together if they are willing to listen and appreciate what their partner has to say.