Some good vibes from the good people at the SDMB, please

I hope everything turns out. I’m glad that your family was able to get through. I can imagine that last night was rough for you. Hopefully you can clam down and relax a bit. It’s always worse when you don’t know. You run through every possible worst scenario, and then chastise yourself for thinking that. You’re not sure whether to grieve or not. That can be quite rough.

I’m glad that you were able to get news regarding this. And it is good news that things are looking up.

I’ll be thinking of you and your family. I’m glad you heard from your dad. Please keep us updated on how your folks are doing.

Waiting for word after a disaster like this is an awful thing to go through; one feels helpless.:frowning:

Jeepers. :eek: Not good at hugs, but I will add an extra hamster to the Good Vibe Wheel here at this end.

Run, you guys, run! Atta boy, go for it!

Maybe a tiny bit of PCP…? What’s the dosage for a medium-sized adult hamster? Hey, it’s not cruelty, this is Tig’s family we’re talking about here…

Say, my next-door neighbor has a chihuahua. Do you suppose Missy’s any good at wheel-running? Be back later.

[goes outside to prowl around neighbor’s deck]

Here, Missy…

Keep us posted when you learn more Tigp, until then you have lots of good wishes from this end.

keep us updated. good thoughts on the way.

Praying as we speak.

{tiggeril}

I got a call this morning while I was in the shower. Apparently, my mom was able to get through to my grandparents, and everybody’s OK.

Whoooo!! :smiley:

::dances around::

::reiterates thanks posted above::

i’m glad your family is okay. thank you for the update.

Whew!

I only just saw this tread tiggeril, but let me just say how happy I am that your family is alright. Being in a situation of not knowing like that must have been awful.

((((((tiggeril))))))

tiggeril, I am so happy that your family is OK!

The Washington Post ran a list of charitable organizations for those who want to help the victims in India: http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A55027-2001Jan27.html

((((hugs))))

Really sorry to hear your sad news. Hang on in there, tiggeril. Obviously it’s a worrying situation, and the not knowing is horrible. But at the same time, be strong, and keep your feet on the ground as much as you can. No news isn’t the same as bad news. Maybe all your loved ones are just fine - statistically, there is every chance they have survived. Don’t imagine the worst just because you can. And feel the support and care and love everyone here wants to send to you right now.

Well, tiggeril, I’m sorry I came here too late to send you good feelings before you knew, but I will give you my profound happiness that everything is alright for you.

{{{Tiggeril}}}

I’m so glad that they’re okay! The news coming out of India is incredibly grim… I was quite worried.

I am so glad your family is okay, and so sorry for the many people in India whose relatives are not.

Oh, Tiggeril…I just now read this thread, and I am so glad for you and your family. This may have made you stronger, and your family stronger.

More good vibes. After all, if they’re your family then they must be mine, too! Keep us posted.

dadzone