Some staff changes.

May I ask for a refresher on what an administrator does as opposed to a moderator?

Because Covered in Bees! is going to pop up to chastise me for not knowing this, I freely admit that you all may have covered this before, and I’ve just forgotten. My apologies.

Congrats to both of you.

Being an administrator gets you more chicks.

Moderators have certain powers, things like editing anyone’s post at any time, closing threads, moving threads, and other powers. Technically, all of the SDMB’s moderators are actually in a class called supermoderators. Regular vBulletin moderators can only moderate their own particular forums, but on this board, we allow all moderators to moderate all forums.

Administrators have all the powers of moderators, and MORE! MORE! MORE! We can alter the way that the message board works, in some ways. We can ban IP numbers and IP ranges. We can tweak the settings on the board…for instance, if I wanted to, I could limit usernames to half a dozen characters each. Obviously, we are supposed to only use our powers for good. The moderators are also supposed to only use their powers for good.

Note that I said “supposed to”. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sorry to see **xash **go, too. As far as I can tell, all technical wizardry emanated from him. So often you’d see mods and admins saying ‘I’ll hand that query over to xash.’ Who will be taking his place as the getting-his-hands-dirty-and-messing-with-the-hamsters-person?

Damn, no more xash. Well, at least we’ve still got Gfactor.

Y’all gonna bring Nickerz out of retirement now?

Thanks. I’ve been away from home email for a spell. I think I can check back with you on this later today or tomorrow. And I did get a PM laying out the details … that I’m sure I did read the last time xash sent them to me … proving I’ve kind of made an ass of myself again … but what else is new.

Thanks to both of you, xash and gfactor.

Congrats on the new job, xash.

And I, for one, welcome our new fapping Overlord.

Regards,
Shodan

More kudos and thanks to xash for a job well done. Sorry to lose you, but you’ve been a very big help.

Take Care, Xash, and welcome Gfaptor, I love your name because now it makes me think of velociraptors. Just uh, be careful with those claws while you handle your business…

::snatches xash’s kudos::

Give those back!

I can’t. I gave them to my wife, and now she won’t discuss them with me. :stuck_out_tongue:

For two, you mean! :wink:

I thought you were an excellent Admin, xash – the board will be poorer without you in that role.

Especially since we’re replacing you with Gfactor. Gross.

How many times do I have to apologize for getting chocolate in your peanut butter?

Once would be nice.

To be fair, you also got peanut butter on my chocolate. But in the spirit of cooperation, I’m sorry I got my dirty chocolate in your nice peanut butter.