Soon you shall call me master

I just finished my last class for my masters. Holy cow, that took 2 1/2 years, but I’m glad I’m finished with it. I now feel way smarter, check this out:

“The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isocoleces triangle is equal to the square root of the remaining side.”

Interestingly enough, my wife decided to persue her 2nd masters while I was in the middle of mine. There would be days where we would not talk to each other. It was come home from work, eat dinner, put kids to bed, seperate to work on our assignments, then crash in bed and quietly watch a show or two before sleep.

But no more of that now, oh no. I’m completely done and just waiting on the diploma. Now what do I do with all my new spare time?

Master Gladiator,
As I’ve completed becoming a Master too, I’m here to help.

When I completed my degree, my SO was still in school. Therefore, I had all the free time to myself.

A sample of the myriad of things I took up - darts, motorcycles, handball, travel, boating, and general tom foolery.

Welcome to the group, fellow Master.

Congratulations!

I’ve never gotten anyone to call me “Master Plant”, and I’ve had a MInSc since 1984.
:frowning:

Master IG: Very nice job with the quote.

Knead
Also a master, so don’t get too cocky

Pfft.

Smeghead, entering his fourth year in his PhD program, and who is just about sure that he knows what his project might be, unless it turns out that it’s all crap.

Whatever you say, Mr. Baiter.

Master Gladiator would be a pretty good name for an 80’s cartoon. Needs an ‘and the Something Somethings’ though.

Good thread title/OP name!

How come no-one ever calls me “Master Piper”? grumble, grumble, grumble

Piffle.

Enginerd, who is starting the sixth year of his PhD and just FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WANTS IT TO BE OVER.

Seriously though - congratulations, Master Intergalactic Gladiator, and good luck with whatever you choose to do with all that spare time!

From experience, I recommend staying in school.
Go for a Doctorate.
Don’t go out into the Real World and look for a job if you can possibly avoid it.

:slight_smile:

Master Gladiator and the Intergalactic Action Team.

Master Gladiator and the Radar Rangers.

Master Gladiator and the Aqua Marines.

I see it, we just have to settle on the team name.

I’m thinking of taking up beer. or maybe more beer.

I’m already in the real world. Does this mean I have more skills and deserve more cash? Maybe there’s a happy medium or a funny fortune teller. A silly soothsayer?

I thought about pursuing a masters at one point. But I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and the notion passed. :smiley: Well, that, and I just had a baby and started a new job and then life got in the way. OK, and I really, really hated sitting in classrooms.

I have to say, I’m impressed with those who earn advanced degrees - good on ya! It’s not something I ever really wanted, but I appreciate the dedication and effort it takes, especially if you’re doing it while having a job and a family.

This is what happens when you get your degree from a five-minute diploma mill in Oz.
Don’t even get me started about the quality of their artificial hearts.

Good job! I do hope it pays off financially for you. It couldn’t have been cheap to get that degree.

That’s a RIGHT triangle, dumbass!

D’oh!

Some of which I heard at my Orals…:slight_smile:

Look up two posts above yours

D’oh!

But the big question, is just what are you a Master of?
Lsura, yet another Master.