Sorority sisters: what's a "lemon squeeze"?

A friend of mine is doing research for a story, and he asked me if I knew anything about a practice in sororities known as “a lemon squeeze.” I was never in a sorority, but apparently it involves the telling of secrets, or the alternate critique and praise of each girl. My friend wants to know what the rules are, how it’s played, what is off-limits to involve in the game (if anything), what the repercussions might be, any secret agendas employed by the players, if it’s even still played, and if so, where. Basically, whatever you feel you can tell about the mysterious lemon squeeze would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I am in a national sorority at a major university in the northeast. This is the first I’ve heard of a lemon squeeze, or any practice fitting that description.

Not a sorority sister, but found a reference:

East Tennessee

I went to school at a major Southern University, THE university of all things Greek. I was an active sister for all four years of college and I have never heard of such a thing. I graduated from undergrad seven years ago, for the record.

I’m getting the sense that the lemon squeeze is no longer a current practice, but may have been played in decades past. From what I’ve gleaned, each girl gets an item of honest critique from all of the other girls, and everyone gets a turn in the hot seat. We know that much. I guess my friend wants to know what type of things are critiqued, if the victim gets to respond, are there any post-squeeze repercussions.

An ex-sorority member checking in, never heard of it.

We called stuff like you’re describing hazing, and it was strictly off-limits.