Sortin' thru that pile in the MMP

Welcome to this week’s edition of Mini-Adventures on My Walks. I left the store and was walking about 10 feet behind this homeless guy when this other guy ran up and started beating on him and yelling. I stopped (no choice) and removed my headphones. The assailant (not homeless, from his appearance) was yelling something about a woman. Homeless Guy starts fighting back. Assailant throws HG against the fence not 2 feet in front of me. I taught high school too long, so my first reaction is to say, “Guys. Guys, that’s enough.” But what am I going to do? Send 'em to the principal? Eventually HG gets away, and the other guy keeps yelling from the sidewalk. HG was fine. He dropped his hat when he turned a corner, and I had to run after him. I wish I COULD send people to the principal’s office. [Looks sternly at Congress.]

I used to freeze milk years ago. IIRC, the milk separates, so it looks weird, with the water on the bottom and the fats/solids on top. Once you shake it, it’s OK. I only used it for cooking but can’t recall why I didn’t drink it straight.

Oopsie, I meant to say last time that I’m sorry about ol’ Bailey’s fall. That had to have startled the poor pup.

Because after midnight is when the zombies go through the bins.

Never heard of that one before. :slight_smile:

Me either. I don’t know who it is that pays Pam to do it, but I do know that Pam says it is a PITA and doesn’t work very well. She does it because that’s what her client wants and her client is paying her by the hour, but you know how it is. It’s not fun to be doing something in the most labor intensive way ever because the customer is always right.

Prolly cause it didn’t taste right. The mouth feel changes which can really change how taste is perceived.

nellie, quite a site from your walk, sorry for the homeless guy, but glad the guy didn’t turn his attention to you.

Well, I guess they want it to be nice and clean…

Oopsie, glad Bailey is OK, any falls by us ‘older folks’ are not funny until you’re sure they are…

swampy, I always put the garbage can out Wednesday night, never sure when the trash people are coming and I know if I wait for Thorsday, they’ll be there at 7:30am…Enjoy the Wild Priest Hunt…

FCM, glad the visitors are in safely.

Came back from eating out (Longhorn provided the repast) and spent most of the afternoon solving puzzles, watching tackleball, and reading. Will head off to bed here shortly, it is now less than 10 days until the great Antarctic Adventure begins, so there are several things I need to do this week. Trying to finish up all the perishables in the refrigerator before I leave, so there needs to be some supply management done.

And off to bed in about an hour. All y’all take care.

Yes, I have a number of piles and boxes that need attention, in the living room, the dining room, the bedroom, the basement, trunk of car, back porch. The only rooms that are ok are the bathrooms and the kitchen. Hoping that now that I am not on a regular schedule to work, only on call, that I can start to address the situation. But where to begin, one of life’s little challenges.

We went to dinner at an Italian restaurant… I ordered cannelloni but was served manicotti. Our waitress was an older lady, late 50s/early 60s who felt so badly that I had to tell her about the time I was waitressing during a break from college and accidentally dumped a glass of tomato juice on a young lady wearing a pink chiffon dress. The people were unbelievably nice to me. Our waitress felt much better after hearing about my faux pas.

Hello and welcome. Start by cleaning out your car trunk, that way you will be able to take things away from your home.

Hubs and I were out on the motorcycle and stopped from dinner. An unattended kid ran into a waitress and her tray full of drinks ended up on me. Of course I yelped in surprise and then hubs and I both cracked up because it really was funny. Except to the poor mortified waitress and the rather upset manager.

Waitstaff and retail clerks are real people and real people make mistakes. It always upsets me when someone blows up over a simple mistake that is easily fixed. Grrrrrr.

So, anyways, gots any mitten wearing kittens? My profile cat GG wears white flip flops, but Very Bad Cat has mittens and socks.

I’ve come soooooo close, especially when the next words are, “Uh, I need to place an order?”

Bonus points if their next move is to call up BabyMomma because of course he doesn’t know what she wants.

Oh hey - not my takeaway at all! You’re fine. It was fine. The mouse was indeed less than caring about its continued existence. :stuck_out_tongue: