South Park Death Threats

Mohammed Pedobear t-shirts, anyone?

Is this like when I punch my sister while yelling “I’m not punching you! I’m not punching you!”?

Perhaps you’ll enjoy Jesus & Mo? The latest cartoon happens to be relevant here.

Hmm, the Prophet is not what he seems.

Yeah, now go back and try to watch the previous episode. Or any of the three before that. You can’t. “Contractual obligations.”

Why would they have a different message, spotlighting the supposed censorship, for an episode that wouldn’t be shown online for a few weeks anyway?

Dang it, maybe I’m wrong.

The old “Super Best Friends”, which actually did depict Muhammed, isn’t streaming either.

I still think the “censorship” within the most recent episode had to intended all along. It’s just way less funny without it (try watching it on the pirate site and imagining it with the name and the image in their place, instead of all the bleeps and “censored” blackouts).

On the hand, blocking the streaming, now… I don’t know what to believe.

The policy with streaming South Park episodes on the website is, during the season, the newest episode is available for one week, until the next week’s episode is aired. It is then unavailable for about four weeks. After that, it once more becomes available to stream permanently. Whether “200” is put back on to stream remains to be seen as it would have been unavailable until May 15, anyway, under normal circumstances. Apparently, “Super Best Friends” and “201” are being withheld due to Comedy Central’s concern over the death threat issued against Matt and trey.

Confirmation that the censoring in “201” was unintentional on Matt and Trey’s part and was not meant to be a joke. It was a reactionary move by Comedy Central after the finished episode was delivered to them.

Oh, okay. I’ve only streamed episodes there a couple times, never ones this new.

Now this is weird. They’re saying that all the bleeps were added?!

Honestly, I really don’t know what to believe now. Their use of the word “meta” implies that the statement is serious, on the level, but… hell, it’s so much better with the censorship!

From South Park Studio’s website, when I attempted to see “201”:

:frowning: Damn lawyers…

Freedom of Speech doesn’t mean what you apparently think it does. Hate speech is protected under the First Amendment. The ACLU has represented Nazis wanting to march through Skokie, Illinois.

Note that Walker didn’t capitalize “freedom of speech,” suggesting it was his/her own take on what they deem an acceptable standard.

Looks like iTunes Store has also caved, this afternoon, The Super Best Friends and 200 were available in their respective seasons, 201 was not available yet, I purchased TSBF, and was planning on picking up 200 and 201 when I got home tonight, I get home to find that not only has the iTunes store removed 200, but they’ve ALSO removed TSBF from Season 5!

Frakking stupid extremists, get a life, and get with the modern times, Comedy Central, stop caving to these nutjobs, and iTunes Store, put the episodes back up!

Oh, and muslim extremists? Bite Me! :wink:

<watching TSBF right now>

Maybe they should do another episode of Super Best Friends and kick Moe to the curb. Do it like Survivor and vote him off the island. If your followers can’t play nice then you need to go.

—||||
–||||||
|||||||||
—~–|--~
—_ _ _
—0000

Jon Stewart just spent the first few minutes of the Daily Show talking about this. They played a collection of slams on religion from over the years, and then gave the Revolution Muslim folks a nice gospel chorus reprise of “Go Fuck Yourselves.”

On NPR they said Stone and Parker changed the second ep at the last minute because of the death threats, adding the bleeped dialogue, and bleeped mentions of Mohammed, and Mohammed hidden behind a “CENSORED” bar – but is that true? The second ep seemed to be written around those gimmicks!

We’re not violent and we’ll kill anyone who says we are.
heh

Close. We’re the religion of peace and we’ll kill anyone who disagrees.

I remember reading about this issue this afternoon actually. The key points of the article seems to be this part:

It’s one thing for a person to give a “warning” (or a vague threat by reference another person’s death- tomato, to-mah-to.) about how these two guys shouldn’t offend the radical Muslims in a post…
But it is also another thing to in the VERY SAME POST also give the location of where the people who may be pissing off the radical Muslims live and the location of where the station who allowed such a show to air’s location. Not that he’s advocating violence or anything.

But he’s certainly helping to make it easier for the Radicals out there who don’t watch South park but certainly would read that post. I can sadly understand why a company would want to back down and censor itself after things like that are done.

It’s one thing to demand free speech and decry these threats and claim the pen is mightier than the sword and all that jazz.
But it’s another thing to still say those words, when your ass is now in the spotlight and they know where you live… and they still have swords, and you’ve got a pen. :frowning: So I think in this one, the point goes to the radical terrorists sadly, and tis a shame that they backed down, but I totally understand why a company wouldn’t want to take chances like this…

That’s what I thought… it seems so much smarter and funnier with those! Imagine if Muhammad had simply appeared in all those scenes–standing absolutely mute, doing nothing, while all the fuss was made over him–!!

:confused::confused::confused: