Starship Troopers 2: they have learned nothing

I love Starship Troopers.

I thought the book was fantastic.

I thought the movie was watchable.

I thought that “Roughnecks: The Starship Troopers Chronicles” redeemed the movie.

But now, I give up.

Here.

And here.

No continuing characters from the novel/movie.

No powersuits.

I quote:
“Phil’s idea was that we should sort of reverse what had been done with the first two ALIEN movies. If STARSHIP TROOPERS was a gung-ho bughunt adventure ala ALIENS, then STARSHIP 2 would be a more moody horror picture like ALIEN.”
Idiots! Aliens got the idea from Troopers in the first place! We want Mobile Infantry, not victims sitting around waiting to be picked off! Argh!

Its direct to video , so at least if its really bad , no one is gonna be spending more than three or four bucks on renting the dvd/cassette.

As much as I would love to see Denise Richards again , I am not all that worried about none of the original cast reprising any roles, it was cartoony. Some of the newer cast members may redeem the movie somewhat , but It would be amusing to see sigurney weaver doing a cameo.

Declan

I would like to know more…

(i thought Sgt. Zim was the only recurring character in cameo form?)

For some reason, I laughed out loud when I read that…

But seriously, Phil Tippett is directing this? Won’t that be a lot like Tom Savini remaking Night of the living dead? I mean, Tippett is a genius at what he does, but I don’t know if he can direct. OTOH, he’s never done it before, so for all I know, he might be quite good at it.

The idea of making Starship Troopers an Alienesque suspense horrorflick is maybe one of the strangest decisions in the movie business ever… and that’s saying a lot!

I laughed out loud reading your thread title.

Tippett must just be using this as an opportunity to train new SFX technicians, or something.

Or he’s low on drug money.
Ranchoth
(Oh, “drug money” isn’t believable? How ELSE do you explain James Earl Jones in “Meteor Man”?)

I had heard that Denise Richards was the reason that the original story wasn’t continued. She made it big with her creppy plastic face and asked for too much money, and all plans were shot down.

I don’t mind there being more sci-fi, bad or not, out there.