State of the Union address Feb. 7, 2023

He seems to have all the energy needed for the job. Impressive for his age.

Go ahead and mock him for his age but he makes waaaaaay more sense and can follow the thread of his argument much better than his predecessor ever could.

He’s doing pretty well. Stumbled a couple of times, but only a couple. Sounds a lot better than my father, when he was Mr. Biden’s current age.

That was slick as hell.
“Some Republicans want to cut SS and Medicare.”
“Boo! Liar!”
“OK, so we all agree then?”

“Let’s go Brandon … Tsay!”

I expect that gaff will be the feature on FOX for the next week.

Does anyone know why Bono was invited?

“border!” “border!”

What a weak heckle.

Yep. I will grudgingly give McCarthy credit for shushing them.

Did I just notice a flicker of backbone from McCarthy? Did he just shush one of his caucus?

Just guessing, but maybe it had something to do with his humanitarian efforts and philanthropy.

The SOTU is not an awards program. There are plenty of other forums for recognizing humanitarian efforts.

He was invited by the First Lady. That’s reason enough to be there.

I am seriously disappointed that he didn’t mention anything about providing more rehab beds. Most of the people on the street would get sober if only they could get the medical and mental health treatment they need. With opioid addiction, that means residential rehab.

And yes, sometimes it takes a few tries. So what? Cancer patients sometimes relapse too. It doesn’t mean that we stop offering treatment. We are the richest country in the world how are we continuing to allow this?

I briefly turned it on while I was eating dinner and caught the part where Biden was talking about getting rid of excess fees on everything. That’s something everyone can get behind. Not a good look for McCarthy to frown like he disagrees with that. Come on, man.

That was Biden at his best. Really beautiful. LOL!

What’s the meaning of the crayon pins? Elizabeth Warren had an orange one, and I’ve seen a green one too.

A fine speech. Shout out to Bono!

That was a damn good speech. I love his sense of humor was on display too.

https://www.axios.com/2023/02/08/state-of-the-union-joe-biden-1870-crayon-lapel-pins