Stereotypes you love !

Golly, it works. I’ve never noticed that short busty red heads needed much help meeting guys. :wink:

It’s working. A cute, tall, skinny guy held the elevator for me this morning.

Of course, he works on a different floor, so I’ll probably never see him again before my temp assignment ends.

Crap – why wasn’t this stereotype widely known when I was in the dating pool? I’m 6’8", 220 lbs, and wear a size 15, for crying out loud, and yet was accosted by very few hotties hoping for a giraffe penis.

Nuts.

If it’ll make you feel better, Giraffe, I didn’t date my ex because I thought he might be hung like a giraffe. I actually dated him because a mutual friend set us up. I said no for two months, but he kept badgering me until I gave in. The guy turned out to be adorably gangly, and we went from dating to engagement to living together to making my life miserable over the next 2 1/2 years.

The current guy likewise badgered me to go out with him too. I didn’t really feel like dating again quite yet, but it seemed stupid to keep saying no for the sake of saying no when he really is a nice guy, great to talk to and we have fun together. Like I said, he’s tall and skinny, but not exactly gangly. I think the goatee and tattoos keep him from being boyish enough to really gangle. (Yes, I have verbified gangle. OED take note.)

On further reflection, I discover that I actually date badgers disguised as giraffes.

Giraffe, perhaps you are too much of a good thing? :smiley:

Ahh, Wolfgrrl, you are going to have both Giraffe and myself wishing we were in the dating pool. You are way too clever.

Excuse me while I badgerly gangle.

I too love the dumb blonde thing. Not because I really use it to blunder around, but because it’s so funny. I’m a blonde with some advanced degrees from a pretty decent institution, so I can laugh at the inaccuracy.

I once knew someone named Muffy who was a rocket scientist. Really, a rocket scientist. Loved that.

Don’t worry, SlowMindThinking, you guys are the lucky ones. One of the things I liked best about being engaged was believing that I’d never have to date again. (Well, that and the fact that I really did love the big geek, up until he turned into a gigantic asshat.) I totally sympathized with Dharma and Greg getting married immediately to avoid dating altogether.

Is badgerly a word?

Yeah! That must be it! I knew it had to be something like that.

:smiley:

Well, it just sounded more pleasant than gangly badgering.

Oh, and Wolfgrrl, it wasn’t dating that bothered me when I was single.

Well, it’s not so much dating itself, as finding someone to date, and all the associated anxiety of the initial dating phase. Which is why I’m pretty content with the situation now… for all the badgering, the guy works opposite shifts from me (he’s a bartender) so we don’t see each other much anyway, there’s none of that pressure about having an actual relationship. It gives me the opportunity to tell all the creepy guys I don’t want to date that I have a boyfriend, and I’m not exactly lying, but there’s none of the BS involved in having an actual boyfriend around all the time. I just wish he gangled a little bit more.