Straight dopers, have you ever had a homosexual encounter?

Don’t you mean to say “Straight Straight Dopers”?

Yes, I’ve had a homosexual encounter. I consider myself predominantly heterosexual, but with bi leanings. Not averse to a relationship with another woman, and been there, done that many years ago, just find my preference is for men - perhaps most of all because that’s the easiest option. But given that as I get older and pickings get slimmer, I’m not ruling out attraction to anyone, male or female.

I was a little bi-curious from college through my 20’s. Never did anything about it besides making out on the dance floor kind of stuff with other girls, until the opportunity presented itself with a HOTT guy and his girlfriend. All of my bi-curiosities were settled. I was good, she was good, he was good. I definitely don’t like girls. A couple of boyfriends I’ve had since living in Boystown (coincidence? I think not) were bi-curious and more adventurous than other guys I had been with before. I had a lot of fun with them, and I definitely prefer MMF gatherings with me in the middle! I might make out with a girl again sometime, but that’s all. I’ve since moved out of Boystown, and am settling into a more middle-aged lifestyle I guess you could say.

Been accused of it (being gay) all my life, even got queerbashed for it once, so if I was going to wear the stigma for it anyway I had fewer reasons than most guys to not try it. So yeah. Umm, bad idea.

I voted yes, but I should clarify that the encounter occurred when I was 12. (het. female here). Not much to it (except that her parents found out and I was banned from ever coming over to “play” again. :wink:

Never been much interested in the idea since (or before, ftm) despite more than my share of offers.

I guess I’ll have to say yes. There were a little bit of naughty experimentations when I was a teenage boy. I went to an all male high school. :frowning: Nothing really serious, though.

That doesn’t surprise me. I’ve had sexual encounters with a number of guys who would answer No to a poll like this.

I dated artists exclusively for nine years and worked at Borders for two years, so I’ve encountered plenty of homosexuals in my day.

But that’s not what you were asking, was it?

Requires context. I was in college. I was having a bad time with men. I sort of liked another woman, and she liked me, and we had this relationship. It was great; we decided we were going to be together forever, buy a ranch, raise and train horses–and have some really hot ranch hands, of the male variety, for male variety. Nice solid plan, eh?

The thing is that we were madly in love for about three weeks which, for me, was about the time I was madly in love with a guy before his flaws started becoming apparent. In this case the lust passed, as usual, but the flaws did not seem quite as apparent.

There was actually kind of a lot of this kind of thing going on in our circle at the time. Bonus: You could take your lover home for a weekend, and you’d get to sleep together. Go home with a person of the opposite sex and most people’s parents would find some other HOUSE for him to spend the night in.

After about a year we drifted apart and started dating men again. I have no idea what was going on there. We stayed friends–friends who knew an awful lot about each other.