We are teased that she is heading for her own command … so hopefully?
On the off chance this isn’t just a joke, the star clusters in question were the ‘midwife’ energy being things, I think.
I also found myself liking this. The science was junk, obviously, but it was a vehicle to deliver the plot, which is exactly where junk science works. I thought it was an interestingly nonlinear take on character development—perhaps that’s how future Uhura ends up having changed so much: her character arc is essentially a feedback loop.
No, it never occurred to me that they were calling the energy creatures “star clusters”, which comes out of nowhere and makes no sense. I thought they thought they were held in the gravity of the black hole because of nearby star clusters. Which seemed possible for me because they got black hole physics very, very, very wrong in every other possible way.