Strange New Worlds season 4 July 2026 {Please avoid spoilers for at least 8 days}

Picard season 3 as well although the Captain of the ship Picard and Riker commandeer is genre-savvy and initially tells them to get fucked.

Well, now the Enterprise has enough power to destroy star clusters.

I don’t know … I’m kind of treating it as live action Lower Decks at this point. Now that I’ve caught on to the game, it’s a reasonably fun ride. No one’s trying for any Saturn Awards around here, and that’s OK so long as you’re upfront about it.

I will say, though, that you have to take the acknowledgement and regret that a fantastic cast is being wasted and cram it into the darkest depths of your mind and slam the lid on top of it. Hard.

My Paramount Plus subscription expired just before this last episode was released so I haven’t seen it and I don’t think there is anything else on the service that I really want to watch, so I may just let it go for a while.

Haven’t seen this week yet but as farcical as Lower Decks was I think they respected the source material more. And pulled it off better. Loved Lower Decks!

If the new season of South Park hadn’t just started I think canceling would be a no-brainer for me.

Just saw the new one. I actually really liked it!

I liked this ep too. It was very Star Trek-y – there’s a space problem, the central character works to resolve it, and maybe learn something along the way. In this case, the central character was Uhura. I thought the conversation between Uhura and Pike was great. Space baby seemed a little out of nowhere but that’s not the craziest thing to happen in Star Trek. Plus it had M’Ress! I just wish she didn’t look like a cartoon drawn into the background.

This has been a frustrating season for the viewers, I think. It’s been discussed here and in other places but a lot of people are put off by the genre hopping. We’re still getting some interesting stories out of it though. I do feel like there’s going to be a big whammy coming up.

There was also some winged hawk/bird creature in the shuttle bay.

Also there was an alien at the conference table in one scene. I didn’t get a very good look at him though. I imagine there is a video online that walks through the scenes, like ScreenCrush, where they will point out all the Easter eggs.

I think that that alien was at the con on the bridge in some scenes. Other than Nurse Chapel, Scotty, Spock, La’an, and Uhura most of the crew seems to be different. Was Una even there? Kirk probably brought over a lot of people from his ship when he took over.

My only issue was one year doesn’t seem to be long enough for Uhura to be so different. But I guess they didn’t want to have to cast Sulu, Chekov, and McCoy.

We now know Ortegas survives and becomes an instructor. Is La’an the only one left we don’t know the fate of?

They referred to Dr. Boyce as Bones, I guess McCoy doesn’t exist in this world.

Someone posted a picture on reddit of the animated series characters that appeared. In addition to the cat and falcon, there was also a reptile creature. Missed that one.

No they said both Boyce and Bones were working on the ship:

SCOTTY: I like Boyce and McCoy, but I still prefer the weeks when M’Benga’s on board, you know?

UHURA: Joseph is spending more and more time on Vulcan. Christine thinks he may end up transferring there permanently. Sounds like Bones will be taking over full-time.

Thanks. I should have backed up and listened to that line again.

There was a very ominous response when she mentioned her to Kirk and a quick change of subject. Not there.

That was about La’an, not Una.

Doublechecked and you are correct. I misremembered. So no mention of Una.

On TOS nobody called McCoy “Bones” except Kirk.

She’s a recruitment poster in the time of Lower Decks, so probably nothing too horrifying happens to her.