True. He was in the original pilot “The Cage” as (I believe) the CMO. It would be easy to shift him over if/when M’Benga leaves. It seems awfully complicated though because M’Benga does come back during TOS.
I don’t think it ever has.
True. He was in the original pilot “The Cage” as (I believe) the CMO. It would be easy to shift him over if/when M’Benga leaves. It seems awfully complicated though because M’Benga does come back during TOS.
I don’t think it ever has.
He was the one ordering Chapel to abandon M’Benga and come help other injured in the ship; he pulled rank stating that M’Benga could no longer serve as CMO and he was taking over. Chapel then pulled the cliche “you’re breaking up, I can’t hear you” that obviously wasn’t going to fool anyone.
There was an episode of Homicide: Life on the Streets had an ep along those lines.
Only when the admiral is Kirk.
How can you “commandeer” a random ship, anyway? Seems like the admiral actually in charge of that fleet might have something to say about that, quadruply so when you are supposed to be on permanent sinecure.
Yes, I mentioned that upthread, which was quoted by the post from @Darren_Garrison to which you replied.
It was a big improvement over most of this season but I wasn’t a huge fan of this episode. How is it that only Kirk was willing to push back on the Admiral’s orders?
Once again, they have ramped up the power of the Enterprise’s weapons. In the first episode of this season, just a single container of antimatter is able to destroy an entire planet. And now, in this episode, the ship’s phasers are capable of killing everyone on a planet. In space battles a ship is able to withstand dozens of phaser hits and photon torpedoes. Are they expecting the cloaked ship to be destroyed by stray phaser fire on the surface? They can’t target it.
I was expecting it to be revealed that he set up the distress call so Pike and Una would be unavailable. It’s a lot easier to get the Enterprise crew to obey his orders when the only one standing against him isn’t even from the ship.
Not sure why we are blurring this, but isn’t it more likely that character would be introduced as an officer aboard the Farragut?
Seemed like this episode was heavily influenced by both A Few Good Men and Crimson Tide.
I thought Joe Morton as Admiral Reeger was excellent. He’s been in a bazillion things, but many will remember him as Miles Dyson in Terminator 2.
M’Benga only avoids a court-martial because Starfleet finds the whole incident embarrassing.
And back to silly. Not silly enough that it works though. The attempts at funny were okay?
Did like the catch phrases said wrong a little. And should have stayed in magic school earned an almost half smile.
Anyone else unsure if they will keep watching?
Miracle Max lives.
Opportunity for a Billy Crystal cameo wasted?
Has Guinness Book been informed that they need to update their entry on most sharks jumped in a single season?
a smiling, winking vulcan is not a proper give-away?!?
If all the writers can manage are thinly disguised holodeck episodes, I’m done.
If you recall, in the original TOS mirror universe episode, the crew of the Enterprise spotted the doppelgängers, like, immediately. What was that quote about barbarians being unable to pretend to be civilized?
Spock: “It was far easier for you, as civilized men, to act like barbarians than it was for them, as barbarians, to act like civilized men.”