Strange New Worlds season 4 July 2026 {Please avoid spoilers for at least 8 days}

Did they observe? I thought Spock had run simulations and drawn a conclusion.

you could be correct, I will have to go back and watch the end again.

He’s correct - it was a simulation.

I guess that fixes some of my timeline complaints.

We’ve heard of the Grandfather Paradox, we’ve heard of the Predestination Paradox. Now we’ve seen the grandfather of all Predestination Paradoxes.

Episode 2 belonged in a different month.

Yes, it really did.

I won’t be showing that episode to my kid for several years.

Hopefully they will be coming back to this plotline in a later episode. Otherwise, the end was a bit of a letdown.

Also:

Why didn’t Pike call for medical assistance as soon as Kirk beamed up? They made is seam like they let him blead out on the transporter platform.

And Pike’s ghost story? What is more plausible, an unexplained spirit/alien energy or one of his cousins messing with him at night?

It’s Star Trek. It could go either way.

So what happened between this time and Wrath of Khan that made Kirk forget he had a kid with Carol called David?

This is a different timeline apparently.

All the kids he had with multiple other women throughout the Federation and beyond? My pitch for Star Trek Discovery is that a 1000 years in the future they can uncover time travelers from the past because they are the only ones without Kirk DNA.

Of course, the reference here could have been to a different Carol who he had a son called David with. I don’t think the last names were mentioned.

I’m not a fan of ghost stories like this.

I’m really sick of “characters hallucinating” stories across all media. It’s just boring because there’s rarely any consequence. There was at least some intrigue when the rest of the crew showed up, but it quickly became obvious they were also fake.

That being said, Le’an trying to kill (fake) Ortegas by beaming her into herself was pretty brutal.

They’ve already kinda addressed this back in the episode where they traveled to the 21st century and the Eugenics Wars haven’t happened yet. Basically all the time travel shenanigans have slightly altered the timeline.

I thought this episode was setting up pretty much how that happens.

• He decided to flake on visiting David in favor of some Starfleet retreat
• He thought he could make up for that with a worthless tchotchke
• He doesn’t understand how Sam can balance Starfleet and family (and the answer is he doesn’t)
• And even though Uhura said Carol and David were pretty far away so communications with them might not be easy, I think the reason the space phone just keeps ringing and ringing is because she doesn’t want to talk to him because he flaked.

Another flaking or 2 and Carol says enough is enough. So I think it’s entirely possible that he’s not going to see David again until he lays eyes on his beautiful perm in ST2.

Also, how long until Starfleet repairs the Griffin and renames it the Event Horizon?

He never forgot - he just didn’t recognize him-

“I did what you asked, I stayed away”

Last season was a disappointment and I bought the explanations of writers’ strike and so on. So far though this season is … not so good.

Yeah they are explaining how this embracing his human side Spock is consistent with the more fundamentalist logic over emotion belief set Spock we know in TOS. And we are getting Number One an off ramp promotion.

But the Doctor Who references hint at the same story runner problems: The Enterprise’s just happening to be the bootstrap event that sets the oath for all of humanity? Oy.

Any belief in “the supernatural” as being something other than science not yet understood but still something that follows rules? Even much for Kirk. The horror tone not well done, mashing up zombie make up with … what?

I re upped Paramount for this. I hope they get their footing and don’t make think I made a mistake doing it

Somebody put creepypasta in my bowl of Star Trek.