Strange thread-ordering upon entering category

I’m wondering if anybody else is seeing this phenomenon. Sometimes, when I enter a new category from the main site, I will see a different selection/ordering of threads—apparently only threads I’m tracking/have posted to, none of the others. So for example, just now entering Cafe Society, I was greeted with the following view:

Then, after reloading the page, I was met with the normal view, showing e.g. the pinned threads on top:

I haven’t been able to discern any pattern as to when this happens, but it seems to occur with every category at random. Reloading the page always seems to remedy the issue. Has anybody else noticed something similar, or is it just me?

I’m using Chrome on a Windows 10 PC, using the Straight Dope Light theme. I’m not really using many extensions—uBlock Origin as an adblocker, and the only other thing that actively changes the way content is displayed is Just Read, which reduces clutter on certain pages, but has to be turned on to do anything.

I see this exact behavior also.

Reload and it’s fine. It’s always initial visit.

OK, so at least it’s not just me, and it’s not a major annoyance, but does anybody have any idea what could be the cause? Just some glitch in the board software?