Strangest food you've eaten recently?

I think I just swallowed a bug.

Likewise humble pie.

Tonight I ate Ken’s Steakhouse low-fat sweet Vidalia onion vinaigrette on my cheeseburger. Very tasty.

The strangest thing I’ve ever eaten has to be soy sauce and parmesan cheese (Kraft cheese dust version) mixed together. I loved to eat that when I was a (strange) kid.

It is, but only once, for twenty minutes.

Someone should start a thread about it, I think. There are probably ways to cut down on the grease.

Would you say your goose was cooked?

I know that ducks and geese aren’t exactly birds of a feather, but they can both get pretty greasy. Last time I had duck, I deep fried it like a Turkey. That was very, very tasty :slight_smile:

I think a goose might be a different kettle of fish, though :dubious:

Hmm… All of the bolded words are intelligible, but I’m struggling for comprehension with the sentence fragment. I’d’ve thought deep fried duck would’ve been really greasy.

It’s greasy the same way battered cod is greasy (ie not at all). Of course, if you’ve never deep fried a turkey, you might not believe me.

Mmmm, head cheese.

Can’t say I’ve eaten anything really weird lately. I did try kangaroo, emu and witchetty grubs when I was in Australia, though. The 'roo and the emu were tasty, especially the 'roo fillet - it was done up with a great red wine and blueberry sauce. The grubs… not so much.

Hairy crab for dinner tonight. Yummy.

I’m going to have yak butter tea next week. It’s been 18 months since I last had it and I am really looking forward to it. There’s nothing like the smell of yak butter tea in the morning. (I am seriously looking forward to it. Admit, that YBT is an acquired taste, but once you get the thirst it is with you.

Don’t you mean a different kettle of birds?

Clearly, you haven’t had battered cod where I’ve had battered cod.

Battered cod should go to the battered cod shelter and those who batter them should go to prison.

I am in Chian right now, and here are the weirdest things I HAVEN’t eated:

Deep-fried checken feet
Barbacued pig’s trotter (penis)
Duck heads (sans beak but with the eyes)
sliced duck kidney
fish lips with peppers

Dude, salmiakki is weird and criminal.
Like murder.

And art.

I haven’t had anything weird to eat recently, but I’ve recently drunk eau de vie de Douglas fir, tonka bean brandy, and pine tar schnapps.

My eating has been pretty tame lately. I had bison chili on Saturday, but that’s about it.

Since a lot of the posts have been for food I eat here, I’ll have to go with something my wife found really strange.peanut butter and jam sandwich. She still refuses to believe anyone would eat something that strange.

I thought trotters were feet?

Fish lips? Fish lips! Fish lips … it’s kind of fun to say.

:smiley: Just goes to show, I guess…

I roasted a couple of quince a few days ago. They were good - kind of a cross between an apple and a pear in scent and flavor. And they turn a lovely shade of pink when they are done. You can save the syrup that is created during the roasting process and make yourself a quince Bellini, too. Yum!

I also have some crawfish boudain in the fridge - got to grill that up real soon.

I eat instant oatmeal straight out of the packets in the morning, that’s about as weird as I get.