Stupid

ladies and gentleman. i Give thee an example of all that is STUPID.

http://www.petitiononline.com/twotower/petition.html

What I love is that many of the signatures have either been voided or are posted by people who are making fun of it!

Hilarious. Thanks, Fox_Moxin.

We just sent this e-mail to the offending idiot:

Dear sir:
I have to fervently disagree with you on your opinion of the name of The Two Towers. Any well-informed person would realize that the book was written and named almost fifty years ago. It has absolutely nothing to do with the events of September 11 and should not be associated with the tragedy of the Twin Towers. I feel this petition is an abomination against literature. I will definitely NOT be adding my name to your list.

I wanted to be mean, but mum wouldn’t allow it.

Oh, good God.

I’m telling you. STUPID. Thats the only word i can use here. STUPID.

This has to be a joke, right?

Oh Wow, some people! Damn silly, as if Tolkien meant their towers. I loved this one

[quote]

they have no sensitivity, i wont even let my two twin kids stand next to each other out of respect for 9/11’/quote]

WTF?

If you note the mail-to address of the author he has a slashdot address, which indicates to us that it is indeed a joke. . . Pretty funny, in an insensitive kind of way.

We’re doomed aren’t we?

I’m almost certain of it, brujo. Just hang on and enjoy the ride.

[QUOTE]
*Originally posted by Celyn *
**Oh Wow, some people! Damn silly, as if Tolkien meant their towers. I loved this one

That is indeed a very silly, pointless petition. Now, I’ll admit I don’t know much about the Lord of the Rings (ducks and runs), but if the book originally had the name long before this tragfedy happened, then what is wrong with that person’s mind?

And as for not letting your twins stand next to each other out of respect for 9/11… that is just incomprehensible!

I’d love to know what he said in reply.

Did he say something along the lines of “sorry, my mistake” or did he try to defend his stupidity?

Some people have entirely too much time on their hands to even think of such drivel.

lobley,
He hasn’t replied yet. But we haven’t received a notice saying that the message couldn’t be delivered, so the address was real.

I’ll keep you posted as to what the idiot says.

Umm, not with “signatures” like this one:

“Whoever this Tolkein guy is”?!?! Jesus Christ!

Wow. Some people are very special.

I love the number of false entry voideds.

This has to be a joke. Has to.

(you know, of the 1124 signatures, there has to be 1050 "false entry voided"s…hmmmmmmmmmm…)

Ther eis no way they’re gonna change the title. I mean., these people are STUPID.

I can’t tell if some of y’all are being whooshed or you’re just playing along.

It must be too early yet. I need caffeine.