Suasage biscuit and jam: weird or not?

Not me, sorry. But also Damn! - I thought I was the inventor of sausage and marmalade sandwiches.

It is not so weird. My son dips sausage in syrup. Also, there’s an appetizer recipe that calls for smokey links wrapped in crescent rolls and dipped in a mixture of currant jelly and mustard. It’s quite tasty.

It’s very simple really: you take a slice of “meat” that doesn’t taste anything like a sausage, and sandwich it between two halves of something that doesn’t taste anything like a biscuit (to an Englishman). Biscuits don’t taste like scones, either - I’m sure the comparison is made mostly because they look like scones.

Me too.

Probably true - she’s a Georgia gal; I’m English.

Well, I’m not American, so in relative terms I probably am.

[ul]Do I think it is weird? NO
[li] Have I heard of it? Yes[/li][li] Have I ever had it? No[/li]
:smiley: [sup]I like mustard on my sausage and biscuit[/sup][/ul]

For those not familar with a sausage and biscuit
this may shed some light.

American breakfast sausage is made with ground pork and a mixture of spices, usually including pepper, sage, ginger, nutmeg, mace, salt, and sometimes red pepper flakes. They can be stuffed in casings or, as often as not, are simply shaped into patties and fried that way (as in the case of these sandwiches.)
There’s plenty of decent recipes on the net if you ever want to try making them yourself.

As for British scones vs biscuits, I wouldn’t say they’re that much different from each other. American biscuits are usually plain, but they’re relatively similar in texture and taste to a British scone. Admittedly, it’s been a long time since I’ve had a scone in Britain, but I think they’re similar enough to warrant comparison. American scones, however, are quite different than biscuits.

Weird? Try scrumptous.

1. No
  2. Yes
  3. Not voluntarily because I have issues with foods touching. But members of my family would eat them with jelly &tc.

Hi, I’m the “Georgia gal” in question here. The link is a great idea, but the frozen Schwann’s country sausage and biscuits aren’t exactly what my mouth waters over! Homemade biscuits and a decent sausage pattie with Smuckers strawberry jam…now that’s scrumptious.

I note that the instructions are

Nowhere do I see an instruction to smother with sickly sweet things.