Super Bowl Dip Bracket

Well, but that is the problem. My mother would put pieces of fresh avocado into green salad, I would be happily crunching away on lettuce, radish, jicama, then encounter something that would give me the impression that a small banana slug had gotten onto my plate. I mean, guacamole is ok, a nice addition to a fajita omelette, but avocado, maybe not so much.

But at least guacamole and spinach artichoke dip are green – a Seahawks colour, those other dips are too close to being orange.

Poor hummus, left in the dust again.

My view on the healthiness of guacamole: Eating good guacamole makes me feel less stressful. Stress is bad for you. Ergo, guacamole is good for you. The same reasoning applies to bacon.

Heh. My sister is rooting for the Seahawks, because any team that would combine blue and orange deserves to lose.

Okay, you’ve made two errors here:

1. Guacamole is by definition squished avocado. 1" cubes do NOT make guac. You’ve given a recipe for avocado salad.
  2. If you can’t DIP a fucking chip in it, it ain’t dip. Scooping up a cube is not dip. At best it’s a relish.

So judgmental! have you tried it this way? Its so much better than the tasteless glorp that is usually presented as “guac”.

What you described is guac, but it isn’t mole. I like whole tomatoes, but that doesn’t make them sauce.

Guac is squished avocado but you should still have some chunks of avocado in there. Also it should not be pureed or anything like. It isn’t supposed to be a homogenous green paste. It should have fresh tomatoes and onions and some chilis and lemon juice.

Guacamole is fantastic. It manages to be refreshing and creamy at the same time, pack a nice citrus punch while still having that soothing avocado flavor. It’s best paired with salty tortilla chips. Mmm . . .

Of course, I’m saying this as a huge avocado fan. I could honestly just take a nice avocado and a spoon and eat it.

As for salsa, at its best it can be really, really good, but most of the time it’s meh. Queso is nasty, unless you use real cheese, in which case it’s heavenly (especially with pretzels). But it’s a bit of a pain to make.

Sadly, it looks like guac is running away with the final poll. I’ll never understand you slime-eaters.