Superman and Lois Season 1

I don’t normally sign on to new shows I have to stream, but I’ve long been a fan of the Clark Kent + Lois storylines (where the emphasis is on the couple at least as much as Superman the Hero), I’ve enjoyed other CW DC shows, and this looked like it was taking a chance on.

I’ve been happy with the first two episodes and I’m enjoying the interplay between characters, along with the mandatory super-exploits. They seem to be striking a nice balance there. I do find the twins’ actors just a bit stiff, but I think with time they’ll fill out the roles just fine.

One reason I like the stories where’s there more emphasis on the Clark side of Superman is because he is NOT overpowered when it comes to relating to other people. It’s from a story-telling viewpoint it’s much more interesting to see someone struggling to be a good father or good husband than lifting giant rocks or punching bad guys (although the lifting and punching thing can be cathartic). And the Kents not only have the normal family stuff to deal with, but dad’s a superhero on call 24/7 and the kids have to deal with that and possibly developing powers themselves.