Conditions: it doesn’t have to be all the same stuff. Today you could magic into existence 50 pounds of barbecued ribs and 50 pounds of potato salad. Tomorrow it could be 100 pounds of gold ingots. The next day it could be, well, what does a healthy human kidney suitable for donation weigh? Let’s say a pound, so you can provide 100 of them. (Let’s also say ignore compatibility problems.) Or 100 pounds of weapon-grade plutonium, though I’m pretty sure you don’t want to do that in one lump chunk… Anything physical.
Limitations:
You have to do the full 100 pounds every day or you die. This isn’t a big problem, just make up any difference with water dumped into whatever body of water is handy. Or 100 pounds of air. The planet won’t notice. You just can’t take a day off.
This ‘stuff’ has to be a physical thing that already exists in our world. No
“peace love and understanding.” No “universal medical cure-all” or “antigravity paint” or “eternal life pill”.
Warning: Once people find about your ability, you might (will?) have to deal with people who want to control the use of this skill, for utterly evil reasons or because they think they’ll be better able to use it. Remember what happened to the goose that laid the golden eggs!
Does the genie deliver to the place of my choice? If so, the first deliveries will be 100 lbs. of gem grade natural diamonds delivered to the streets of major cities around the globe, just to demolish DeBeers once and for all.
Well, this is interesting because the worth of 100 pounds of anything is dependent upon what it is. I could choose to feed the hungry people of the world, but 100 pounds of food a day is a drop in a rainstorm. However, 100 pounds of GOLD a day can buy way more than 100 pounds of food. I would pick 100 pounds of gold.
I would start small, use it to replace shopping at first. Computer upgrades, nice steaks and other food, D&D minis, plants for the yard, gasoline, etc.
Once I figure out what I can do with it, try and figure out how to best help the world.
100 pounds of $100 bills is approximately $4,535,924, every day.
100 pounds of pure gold is worth approximately $6.1 million USD, every day.
You’re quickly going to have the same problem Walter White had in Breaking Bad-- making too much money to launder. You’re going to keep filling up rented storage containers to keep it all.
Better, I think, to ask for 100 pounds of $1 bills every day. $4535 a day, making you a little more than $1.6 mil per year. A comfortable living, can make daily bank deposits that are below the $10,000 level that draws scrutiny, and you can claim to be the world’s best busker, or something.
ETA: duh, decimal point error doing quick math in my head. 100 pounds of $1 bills is actually $45,359. So you’re making $16 mil a year-- very comfortable living, would be a bit more difficult to launder, but doable.
I was doing the same calc before reading down to your post. You nailed it. Money enough, but not too much.
That’s why this is the meta-right answer:
Good plan.
But this part IMO needs work:
My version
Once I’ve built my invincible fortress and army of henchmen with funny hats to defend me from governments and organized crime alike, then I’ll try and figure out how to best rule the world!