Sure, freedom fries were kind of lame.

Huh? McDonalds’ are always being attacked in France. This isn’t new at all. This has nothing to do with anything.

It gives a pretty good explanation why many nations no longer give the USA the benefit of the doubt, and are no longer willing to assist the USA. Thus France and a great many other nations not supporting the USA over Iraq.

There were anti-war protests in front of McDonald’s in Japan, as well.

Damn those cowardly, traitorous Japs! If it weren’t for us, they’d all be talkin’… uhh… Japanese.

Sorry for the hijack, but I’ve been wondering for quite a long time : what does “whoosed” mean? I read it quite often on this board, I couldn’t figure out its meaning.
By the way, concerning Mc Donalds…this brand became sort of a symbol of all possible evils, including but not limited to : globalization, american imperialism, bad hollywood movies, broke little farmers, GMO, exploitation of the third world, etc…It’s true to such an extent that some years ago a Mc Donald in France was bombed (and a young woman cleaning the outlet killed)…by Breton nationalists. The reasons why someone wanting Britanny to become independant from France thought that a Mc Donald (as opposed to say, a french official building) was an obvious target is anyone guess…

“whooshed” as in “Passed right over your head without you getting it, thus making a “whoosh” sound.”

Thanks…:slight_smile: