Survivor 10/20

Spoiler space

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!

My GOD, Young LaFlor are idiots…did they think Marty could use the idol on the revote? That’s about the only reason I can think of for not administering a coup de grace on an HII holder who’s down on the floor. Idiots!

“Dude, these kabobs are so good”

So, you force a tie to “flush” the idol, but then you don’t vote they guy out when he doesn’t play it? Why didn’t they all just vote for Kelly B in the first place?

I know! First, I couldn’t believe Marty didn’t play the idol initially–especially after all the conversation at TC before the vote. Then he’s a sitting duck in the tiebreaker with an immunity idol in his pocket and they vote out Kelly B! What a bunch of idiots! I was yelling at my television.

I was sorry to see both Kelly B and Yve go. They seemed like smart, competent people. Why is Dan even there in the first place? He has been worse than useless from day one.

Gaaah why do I keep watching this season and then complain about it on the Internet?! I don’t like any of these people.

At this point I have canceled the Season Pass on Tivo, and will watch reruns of Scrubs instead of this dreck.

He’s a human puppy. And from the preview, it looks like another banner Fabio moment next week.

I cannot comprehend such stupidity. In fact the final vote almost transcended stupidity and became a non sequitur.

I’m also starting to lose interest, there’s just no one I care about. We need Jimmy J back, or maybe bring Boston Rob in, or something for God’s sake.

They never showed the individual votes on the revote, did they? I’d really like to see that. Unbelievable.

I, for one, welcome these double elimination episodes. The faster we get rid of all these fuckwads, the better.

In fact, I am all for 4 or 5, or fuck it, everyone getting eliminated next week. Put a bullet in this season. Just get it the hell over with.

Edit: On the other hand, this might be a good cast for Big Brother. Perhaps CBS screwed up and crossed lines somewhere?

I also cannot believe they didn’t vote for Marty on the revote. I have trouble believing anyone is that stupid… CBS must’ve rigged the vote to keep Marty in the game over Kelly B., right? Right?

Well, that’s why he’s still there… see Colby from last season. But the gonads on that guy to say he hasn’t been going around saying he wants to leave…sheesh.

I do wonder why they cast him, though. Why would you cast an old guy with bad knees who doesn’t need the money? Russell was an exception because he wanted to win so badly that winning the title was more important to the money. But someone like Dan shouldn’t be on the show period if he has no desire to even be on it.

According to Wikipedia, everyone voted for Kelly B except for Jane.

Young LaFlor had no chance to confer after the tie, so there must have been a plan in place that Kelly B would be the secondary target. Yeah, I know. They must not have thought very seriously that a second vote would take place. Obviously Brenda hadn’t, judging from her reaction to vote #1. Or they’re all idiots.

On to important matters: what the hell was that yellow-spined tree-climbing porcupine thing we got a glimpse of in one of the ad bumpers? About halfway or maybe 2/3’d through the episode. Tree-climbing hedgehog maybe?

Coendou mexicanus or Mexican Hairy Porcupine. They are covered in those yellowish spines, but their hindquarters also have silky black hair which covers them. They’re quite cuddly, really. I met one recently at another zoo; our zoo only (only!) has some cousins, the Coendou prehensalis or Prehensile-Tailed Porcupine. They are less hairy, but equally amenable to handling; one just needs to take precautions, i.e., welding gloves.

Mexican Hairy

Prehensile-Tailed

Can I just say the bond between Fabio and Marty has potential for the greatest television ever? Marty is a cocky bastard, but the way Fabio is amazed by everything is says is excellent. Especially the whole Argentinean Grandmaster bit. If only Fabio was on Coach’s first season…

Sweet. Thanks!!

Even in a season with embarassingly weak challenges nerfed beyond reason to cater to old geezers, that challenge was a disgrace. What the fuck?

Mr. singular woke up just as the challenge began and burst into howling laughter, gasping “they’re walking around with toilets strapped to their asses - and squatting to catch with them! Who designed this challenge, Peter Griffin?!?” I had to agree with him. This is really a sucky season, filled with assholes and idiots.

Probst: “OK LaFlor…you can vote for Marty or Kellie B. If Kellie B survives, she returns to the tribe with a prosthetic leg. If Marty survives, he returns with a (not-so-hidden) Immunity Idol. Who do you vote for?”

LaFlor: “Aaaahhhh!! The Leg! The Leg! We fear the occult powers of The Leg!!!”
Morons.

This is exactly why they didn’t fit in with the rest of this bunch.

I am also not really comprehending a lot of the decisions this season. La Flor still failed to flush out the idol and remove Marty, the only thing I can think of is that they wanted Kelly B gone and were just using the Marty votes to flush the idol out. What I don’t understand is why they didn’t get rid of Marty when they had the chance and just save Kelly B for the next vote. Not good strategy, IMHO.

Yve seemed like a decent person and I think they just assumed she is more of a threat than Dan. I would think that at this point in the game you would keep her and get rid of Dan, since he stinks in the challenges. They are thinking too far ahead and not about what is happening right now.