What, is there no topic for this? Survivor is back baby after the longest break between seasons ever. A new cast, a slightly new look, and the same old Jeff.
Here are my random thoughts from the first episode in no specific order:
- I’m glad there’s no overall theme to the season. Just “41”. We kinda need it to reset.
- I like the Behind the Scenes view of the show. They’re doing it in the just the right amounts. And my wife was able to spot where Jeff left the advantage before they flashed back to it.
- On the flip said, the “cinematic” slow mo shots were too much and unnecessary.
- Also, we didn’t need the “here’s how my life has been a struggle complete with footage” scenes. MAde the show feel like every other reality show out there. Be better Survivor
- I honestly don’t care about them dropping “Come on in guys.” But I don’t like the way they did it. I feel like Jeff was planning on dropping it anyways, but then put it on the players to make the choice for him. I was hoping they would’ve learned their lesson from Island of the Idols. If you want to do something, do it. Don’t make a player stick out their neck before they even hit the beach. You could tell no one wanted to answer him.