Imagine that James Lipton has invited you to appear on “Inside the Actor’s Studio” to discuss…well, you. How would you answer the Bernard Pivot questionnaire? I’ll go first…
1. "What’s your favorite word?"
2. "What’s your least favorite word?"
3. "What turns you on, inspires you, excites you?"
4. "What turns you off?"
5. "What sound or noise do you love?"
Anything by Yes.
6. "What sound or noise do you hate?"
The sound of my VCR shutting off one minute before the end of that show I’m recording because the tape has run out.
7. "What’s your favorite curse word?"
8. "What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?"
9. "What profession would you not like to attempt?"
One time while driving across the Mojave Desert in high summer I saw a construction worker walking down the highway placing little reflective markers on the newly-laid (and very hot) asphalt every 50 yards or so. That job must royally suck.
10. "If heaven exist, what would you like God to say when you arrive?"
“When” you arrive?? That’s rich. If I wound up in heaven, the only thing God would possibly say is, “Hey, who the hell let you in here? SECURITY!!”