Taking a ticket to court

[QUOTE=MLS]
IANAL, but I can think of lots of cases when the fault is not at all divided. I’d be interested in knowing where you got that impression.

ALL of the several accidents I’ve had, with varying degrees of injury, were someone else’s fault. Most were cases where I was stopped at a stop sign or light, and somebody ran into the back of my car. No way was I in any way at fault. The most recent (and I hope my last one) was several years ago when someone came out of a side street that did have a stop sign and zipped right in front of me. My lawyer said that in virtually any accident of this sort the person with the stop sign or red light is almost automatically the at fault party.
[/QUOTE]

IANAL either but I have written a lot of accident reports. I get to assign the blame (but insurance companies can ignore my findings if they want). I have mostly found one driver at fault. There are sometimes factors on both sides but not most of the time.

[QUOTE=ArrMatey!]
Not to do necromancy here, but for those interrested:

<snip>

Estimated time in court: 10 minutes.
[/QUOTE]

Since all the replies since yours seem to be to the OP :rolleyes: , not the update , let me be the first to say CONGRATS! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nice to hear the update. Thanks for reporting back!

[QUOTE=Duggy Fizzle]
I’ve heard of people accusing police of lying to make themselves look better, but to make themselves look unprofessional? Thanks.
[/QUOTE]

I was in court to get a ticket defered and heard this as the DA was sorting out the docket…

**DA: ** “Is Emmy Lou here?”
Redneck Blond walks up
**DA: ** “I see you’ve been cited for speeding?”
**Redneck Blond: **“YES! I CAN’T BELEIVE IT! There’s no way the cop was able to get me. I was going down this road, he was on this road. There’s no way he got me! The speed limit was 45 on the road I was on I was going the speed limit! There’s NO WAY I was speeding!”
DA taken aback by her verbose outburst: “I see her you’ve also been cited for lieing to a public servant?”
**Redneck Blond: **“Oh…but…THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO!”
DA: “That was in AUGUST!?!?! Sit down please.” :smiley:

Gallery was almost in tears.