Tears For Fears, anyone? ...anyone?

I’m bumping this thread a bit (sorry), but I just saw that AOL (for broadband at least) has two live videos from their “Sessions@Aol”. They did ‘Call Me Mellow’ and ‘Everybody Wants to Rule the World’.

SFTBC is a classic album which I still listen to (and still own my original vinyl of :slight_smile:

Donnie Darko made superb use of Head Over Heels in the ‘silently panning through the school’ sequence - as well as the Mad World cover of course - reasons to love the film just keep on increasing :slight_smile:

JP

Am I the only person who thought of a house full of popcorn?

Wow, this thread got resurrected? Awesome.

While the union of TFF and AOL does present my tastes with an horrendous dichotomy, I’m glad to see that the new label (Universal) is making an effort to promote them. It’s far more than the now-defunct Arista was doing.

The current schedule calls for Everybody Loves a Happy Ending to be released in September. TFF has already done a U.S. radio tour (anyone notice?), and there are plans for a full-fledged concert tour in Oct-Dec. Just in case you wanted to know.

I’m a huge Tears for Fears fan and am excited they got back together. In grade 7 I lip lynched to Shout (I was Curt). I guess my favourite album is the Hurting. The Donnie Darko cd has a version of Mad World there that is great as well.

I’m not a rabid fan of TFF, but I do like them a lot. I have mint, deluxe collectors’ editions of Songs From The Big Chair and Sowing The Seeds Of Love (numbered, limited ed gatefold) on vinyl. Plus 5 or 6 of their 12" singles, and a promo CD of STSOL that has three different edits on it. Oh, and The Hurting LP as well.

There music was used extensively in the good movie ‘Peters Friends’. It’s often thought of as a British version of The Big Chill, but I believe it stands by itself.