Tell Me Your “Florida Man” stories

I had to go check this out!

For the sake of fairness, I hope they both had tiki torches.

“We fight at dawn. Choose your weapon!”

“Oh, I dunno. Nerf bats? Bottled soda and Mentos? Vinegar volcanoes? So many options…”

How fortunate that this thread is bumped now; a series is premiering on 9 January.

Florida man drowns, looking for golf ball.

He “may have fallen into the water and drowned.”

Years ago I read a story online (The Smoking Gun ,maybe) about a Florida Man and his wife that were injured in a car crash. As he was driving the guy was helping his wife shave her “privates” and crashed into something.
Where was he driving her?
To meet her date.

That has always leapt to mind when I hear Florida Man. Didn’t have time to check the whole website LSLGuy linked to see if it was there.

Hmm I misremembered it a little (ex husband) but the story was easier to find than I anticipated.

“Honey, I have a favor to ask you…”

When I read about this my first thought was “How deep are water hazards on golf courses?” But looking at photos the whole course is surrounded by water, including one hole that you have to shoot/walk over a bridge to get to.

Not being a golfer, I am amazed at how many people apparently scrounge water hazards for old golf balls.

I worked at the country club right across the street from The Players Club. The place was virtually infested by alligators. I’m amazed that no famous player has ever been attacked.

Not much to add here.

This is worth resurrecting a zombie:

“If you’ll just let me explain, Your Honor…”

Looks like a hard case - he might get a stiff sentence.