Terribly obscure actresses/actors you love who haven't worked in ages

I loved Alice Krige in “Ghost Story” and “Tale of Two Cities,” but haven’t seen her much since the 80s. I guess I don’t get out much either - according to her website she’s done a gruntload of stuff.

Graham Greene is a lot of fun to watch, too.

Barbara Harris
Barbara Harris
Barbara Harris
Barbara Harris
Barbara Harris
Barbara Harris
Barbara Harris

I’m 34 years old; right now I could do a great 22…

Well, she played the Borg Queen in a couple of high-profile Star Trek projects, including the Voyager series finale…

How embarassing. Plus she’s really more of an “actress” but because of her gorgeouslong blond hair I want more!

This all started because of these Playboy pics where she’s putting lemon juice in her hair. It makes me stutter just to think about them.

I thought he was very good in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

…I haven’t seen him in years…is he still working?

Do you mean the dead actor or the Tiny Toon character?

It’s true that Hauer’s career has taken a dive the last decade or so; you would think that straight-to-video stinkers such as Omega Doom would be reserved for the likes of James Belushi and Steven Seagal, but there ain’t no justice.

Some recent highlights, however:

He had a nicely sadistic role as Sloane’s replacement in a couple of episodes of last year’s season of Alias.

He was good in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

He played a villain in the miniseries The 10th Kingdom.

He played King Vortigern in the Merlin miniseries, admittedly dying after only about 5 minutes of screen time, but still a memorable performance.

Fatherland was a decent adaptation of a good book.

And though it’s in the middle of his glory days (which seems to have lasted until about 1992, culminating in Buffy the Vampire Slayer), I must mention my favourite, The Legend of the Holy Drinker, a magical-realistic Italian film by the great Ermanno Olmi, and based on a novel by Joseph Roth, featuring fine performances by Dominique Pinon and Anthony Quayle (one of his last). Hauer’s vulnerable, understated performance is probably the crowning achievement of his career. Beautifully shot. Full of anachronisms, it certainly feels like it’s set in 1930-1940s Paris, and yet it clearly can’t be.

Here’s hoping for a Rutger revival.

Seconded. And now there’s a puddle of drool under the tongues of myself and blasphmer.

And I’ll raise you a Maureen Flannigan. Little Evie herself from Out of This World. www.imdb.com says she’s still working, but I haven’t seen anything she’s done since Teenage Bonnie and Klepto Clyde.

I’ll have to add Max Casella.

I’d say Craig Bierko too, but it seems he’s got some work coming up.

Well blame Katherine Ross, she’s the one who stabbed her just when Paula was going to give her coffee.

Felicity Kendal. I mean…WOW! I’d watch her read a phone book. Or just breathing…

Yummy.

I miss “Good Neighbors,” but she was best as Viola in the BBC version of “Twelfth Night.”

Rhonda Shear used to keep me “Up All Night” watching USA Network.

Too bad her website is technically NSFW. I could use a picture of her in a macrame bikini. (Just don’t ask how I’d use it.)

Eszter Balint - I’ve only seen her in two movies (The Linguini Incident and Stranger Than Paradise) but loved her in both.

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0050264/