Test thread — to test things out. Do not lock!

Oooooh, backwards K!

Actually, it’s upside down, not backward.

Oh, well then, nevermind.

Close enough!

ꓘ — for strike out, looking.

:+1:

Part 1
Imgur

Imgur

ETA: Didn’t work. Rats.

I just noticed that there is a “gif” option. Is this new?

It’s been there a few months now.

Of course you can insert any picture you can find anywhere, not just gifs, and not just the ones from that one gif library.

Please use this very lightly. It is almost always inappropriate outside of Miscellaneous and Personal Stuff I Must Share

Oh, I wasn’t planning to use it. I had just not noticed it before and wondered if it actually worked. I was thinking this was an option that had been removed when we first migrated to the platform (with good reason) and maybe had gotten turned back on with recent changes.

Image resizing test:

…

![coffee_cups|450x450](https://www.stilllifeceramics.com/cdn/shop/products/IMG_4816_900x.jpg)

![coffee_cups|300x300](https://www.stilllifeceramics.com/cdn/shop/products/IMG_4816_900x.jpg)

No dice

Testing

Testing footnotes… [1]

[1]


  1. Footnotes are easy. Lead with a caret immediately follow with a bracket; put in your text and close with a bracket ↩︎

Nice. Thanks.

Footnotes have been slowly[1] improving. A few months ago they started appeared in your preview, but not in your post. Before that they didn’t work at all.

A special thanks to @Bullitt [2] for pointing this out to those of us who camp here for new news about Discourse features.

But notice these aren’t really “footnotes”. They’re popups when you hover over the colored bracketed number. There isn’t a list at the bottom and there’s really no reason they should have numbers, since which note you see depends on which bracketed item you hover over.

So they’re useful notes for sure, sort of hidden parenthetical remarks. But not traditional footnotes in the technical sense of the word.


  1. glacially slowly ↩︎

  2. an amazingly good poster ↩︎

What if you try[1] to game the footnote[2] system?

[1] Here I am gaming the system
[2]


  1. footnote 1 ↩︎

  2. Yeah, that didn’t really work the way I thought. ↩︎

It wasn’t me, it was someone else in another thread who pointed that out. I think it was @Mollie_Magill , but I’m not sure…? I meant to put the poster’s name in my post. I’m sorry I didn’t do that.

Added: my post was almost an exact write from what I saw in that other thread (that I can’t remember now).

Added 2: yes it was @Mollie_Magill . The thanks go to her!

Here: