Testing times 3000

Hello World!
:wave:

My theme doesn’t allow posting emoji unless they are quoted:

Testing quotes.

I got a message that the system automatically removed a quote of the whole post (UV Scuti’s right above mine). Why should it do that and how do I stop that?

That’s why.
ETA:Because it’s the quote right above yours.

Testing to see if they included the MathJax plugin, which is free BTW.

f(a) = \frac{1}{2\pi i} \oint\frac{f(z)}{z-a}dz

Nope… but it might be nice to enable this.

test
:face_with_raised_eyebrow: :roll_eyes:

1. Bannanas
  2. oranages
  3. kumquats

sad trump

Can’t see my emoji’s :cold_sweat: can anyone else see them? :astonished: :open_mouth: :slightly_frowning_face:

Change the theme to Discourse Classic if you want them to work. otherwise, keep your current settings.

Yes, but how do I force it to show? There have been many times when a new post sneaks in before I finish writing mine. Does the system automatically recognize that and therefore show the quote?

Yeah, that would be nice. There are times we have math or science threads where it would be a big help to be able to easily post readable math. At least, if you already know TeX.

I see the equation. I am using the Discourse Classic theme.

Howdy! (testing)

testing reply

testing reply with quote

EDIT: The system removed my quote for some reason (why?) and then I added it back.

Really? No smilies? :innocent: :dromedary_camel: :sloth:

ETA: Ah! They’re on, but do not appear in the preview pane.

Trying a onebox. I’m sure it’s turned off, but here goes:

ETA: Seriously? That worked? Cool!

Hmmmm are you using any extensions? I don’t see the equation in any theme.

Me neither. That is, I see the TeX markup, but not the equation as it should appear.

I don’t know. I’m using Opera - there may be something embedded, I have no idea.

Well, it looks like we cannot nest spoilers, to speak of, or make them multiple lines (that is, with returns within) just to warn you: this could get ugly but they do seem to function as inline redactions.