Testing times 3000

Holy Moly, it’s @Coldfire! I thought you had wandered off permanently!

Hotel California, man. :wink:

My first reply. :slight_smile:

So I am confused. I successfully logged in using my email. But it never prompted me for a password.

I figure I must have a password, since I am here. So how do I find out what it is? And how can I change it?

Now I’m on my phone! Wooo!

Now to test the hashtag: #main:mundane-pointless-stuff-i-must-share-mpsims.

bold italic bold italic

1. one
  2. two
  3. three

spoiler

link

Hey, did you know you can add a poll anywhere in a thread?

• Yes, I did.
  • No, I didn’t.
  • I’m not telling and you can’t make me.
  • I’m not telling but you could make me if you offered chocolate.
  • Wombats don’t vote in polls.

0 voters

My cat emojis didn’t show up!

So…I guess my first post in this strange new world should be a test

2020-06-22T04:00:00Z

This text will be blurred

:musical note:

I’m just testing the reply button – I think I saw a thread where a reply was hidden until you clicked on the replies button. shudder

Same thing with me. I have no idea what my password is.

Just want to test whether it’s possible to edit a post after posting.

Seems that you can. Does anyone know how long the edit window is?

5 min and I can still edit.

How come I’m seeing ads all over the place? I’ve never seen ads on this board.

Where do I access my subscribed threads?

Subscribed threads didn’t make the move.
Some are seeing ads, some aren’t. I’m one of the aren’t.

Looks like a 5 min edit window.

The ads part has not been sorted out yet. I for one have not seen any ads on my laptop, but they do show on my phone.

Apparently, you can reply to individual posts as well as threads, and the former will show up below the post replied to, and only once you click the ‘replies’ button. My brain has historically been entirely unable to comprehend anything but a flat thread structure, so this should be fun

EDIT: OK, so that’s not how it works. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

So my username got changed? Tried replacing the space with an underscore but no dice. Was able to login on my phone, so maybe I can see my name if I post here. Btw, this new site is fugly.

Yeah, it looks like it will show replied threads if you click on the Replies button, but they also show up in a flat structure. So, you can easily ignore the sub-reply feature, but it is kind of neat when you want to specifically see replies to a post.

It didn’t prompt you for a password as it assumes that someone who can see your email is someone trusted. To set your password, click on your avatar in the upper right corner and then preferences. There is a button to reset password on that screen. Note that the email it sends seems to go to the spam folder for many people.