Th Ul-gng-kn Rnn Tbuhl — or, "A Colloquy of Unintelligible and Incoherent Characters"

Papa Smurf: All right, smurfs, let’s smurf this meeting to order.

Marklar: I’m not a marklar.

Papa Smurf: What the smurf is a marklar?

Marklar: It’s a marklar.

Papa Smurf: We’ll smurf that later. Any other smurfing to smurf?

Boomhauer: Dang, mmm tell you wuh knn ib draw ter yuh inkin’ faw.

Marklar: Open your marklar, you marklar.

Milton: Excuse me—

Papa Smurf: The smurf recognizes the smurf.

Milton: Excuse me, excuse me, I want, can I say, because I don’t, I don’t, it’s not the first time I’ve brought it up, I asked Don too, the guy who did the thing, and he said, he said you should ask them, so I did, and I didn’t hear anything, I didn’t get a, an answer, so I want to ask again, because the thing, you see, the thing is, I’m not a, I don’t think anyway, I’m not really a smurf, I don’t, I like them, it’s not that they’re not good, they’re blue, you’re blue, but I’m not—

Boomhauer: Con sarn murble fargin dip stick, mmm hnnger wah drop tin skick yoo batchery, I tell you whut, dang.

Spider: Mm kuh bib mother, guh missah dogga panna mother not a honna bodda dead…

Papa Smurf: Is that smurf smurfing?

Marklar: I think his marklar is marklar’d.

Muttley: Rassin frassin hurkin tackin crap.

I know that I’ll be called a delittante by a number of people, but I can not stand and will not bother to read science fiction where the characters have unpronouncable names.

I’m not asking for names out of McGuffy’s Reader - somebody coming up with an alien named Feurnal (or whatever) I can handle. But if it’s something like “Th Ul-gng-kn Rnn Tbuhl” - fah!

I’d post some examples, but hell, I never read the books anyway. :wink:

You can’t pronounce the Algonquin Roundtable?

Nope. Don’t plan to, either. :stuck_out_tongue:

You forgot:

Malkovich: Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich. Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich. Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich. Malkovich.

Librarian: Oook.

Scooby Doo: Rut arout ree?

’Brainy’ Smurf: Oh, smurf it up your smurf hole.

This thread is nice enough, but I’m waiting for the book-on-tape version read by Benecio Del Toro.

Tim Burton Martian: Gack! Gack gack!

Jar Jar: Meesa Sucka sosa mucha!

Pikachu: Pika. Pika pi pika pikachu.

The Cheat: Meh.

Beaker: Mee mee mee mee!

Woodstock: llllllllllllll

Swedish Chef: Heerza dorza pillda geeba “Robert’s Rules of Order.”

Martians from Sesame Street Yep yep yep yep yep yep yep. Uh-huh.

Two-Headed Monster: Yaba nuba wa?

Mahna Mahna: Mahna mahna.

(Apparently, Jim Henson is the king of unintelligble characters.)

From Wikipedia’s “Unusual Articles”:

Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116 - A name given to a Swedish child by his parents in May 1996 (and pronounced as “Albin”).

and:

Lion-Eating Poet in the Stone Den - A poem written by a Chinese poet in Classical Chinese. It can be comprehended and understood by all who understand the language, despite the fact that it consists entirely of the word “shi” repeated 92 times in different tones. Also known as “Shī Shì shí shī shǐ”.

What is there to say but…

Cthulhu Ftagn (sp?)

::squack::

Astro: I rove you reorge. And rat rat Roobie retter stop ripping roff me!

Grundoon: SNPTZA GRNVNZTS NB NBTX PSGV KWNPNXT WZN BRNTZ TK!

Hamburglar: Robble, Robble!
O’neil “It’s pronounced Go’uld not gould!”

Henrietta Pussycat: Meow Meow X too noisy. Meow Meow hate Lady Aberlin. Meow Meow don’t like living in tree.

Finster: He’ll flip ya, see. Getcha right there and flip ya.

Mushmouth: Heyba, fuhbellows, howba abouba discubussion ub thub metubphoribucal nubature ub mibunoributy chubaracters wub unubtelliguble spubeech?

Miss Othmar: Hwa hwa hwa WAWHAAA, wha hwa hwa hwawauh.