The Adventures Of Pete And Pete: Bring The Love

Anybody else a fan of The Adventures Of Pete And Pete, the early nineties Nickelodeon show? Shot on film in Jersey, it was filled with guests like Luscious Jackson, Michael Stipe, Gordon Gano, Iggy Pop, and featuring a very young Michelle Trachtenberg. It starred brothers named Pete, Arte the strongest man in the world, and a ton of great writing. Anyone else miss this show and demand a full set of DVDs?

I am a dot. I am a dot. I am a dot. I am a dot.

Sadly, I think the only option right now is to be buy them on VHS on eBay. I’m not sure if these copies are legal though so I don’t recommend doing this before checking into it further. Those were the glory days of Nickelodeon I tell ya’. I remember wanting a dancing girl tattoo soooooo badly after watching that show.

I LOVED that show. The theme song was rockin, too, by Polaris.

“Hey smiley strange,
you’re lookin’ happily deranged”

Season 1 will be on DVD May 17th.

I loved Pete & Pete, especially the early episodes before the show sort of shifted focus from big Pete to little Pete.

I love the episode where little Pete fakes sick to stay home. It captured the feel of a sick day remarkably well.

I always bring this show up when people start lamenting about lack of originality in television writing/programming. Completely surreal, yet very accessible, and extremely funny. Like a weird cross between John Waters and David Lynch, but for kids! And GREAT characters: I’m a huge fan of Endless Mike (“Meet my kidney, 3 pounds, two ounces.”) I really thought Little Pete (Danny Tamberelli) would become this generation’s Danny Bonaduce.

Steve Buscemi had a recurring guest role, too. Also in guest roles: Adam West as the principal of the school, Janeane Garofolo as another teacher, Hunter S. Thompson, Patty Hearst, Deborah Harry. Toby Huss, who played Artie, “the strongest man IN the world” is now, I THINK, in Carnivale. The guy who played Endless Mike was in Band of Brothers and Ray.

I remember Pete and Pete fondly but most of my memories about it have faded over time. I still remember the first episode I ever saw was “Nightcrawlers” I believe, where Little Pete and friends refuse to sleep and one by one they fall. It was really serious but at the same really childish. Little Pete was my hero for a while especially after the sliding down the waxed corridor in one episode. :smiley:

Don’t forget the awesome villians, like Papercut! Man I miss this show.

I never can think about changing the clocks without realizing that I’m travelling through time as I do so.

I’m totally getting this show on DVD when it comes out.

Do you remember to eat lots of riboflavin, and to seal all your pores?

Can’t say that I do… but I do remember when little pete got grounded and began digging a tunnel to freedom, and big pete had to figure out creative ways of disposing of the dirt.

This was one of my favorite shows. Ever.

Remember when the Mister Tastee guy disappeared, and they used Ellen’s photo shop job to figure out where he might have gone? Michael Stipe and the B52s were in that one.

I miss Pete and Pete.

That’s the easy line, what the hell do they say in the next line??

Years ago I went into a Borders Books and Music, and my cashier was Teddy Forzman, big Pete’s best friend (the speed walker). I told him what a big fan I was and he should be proud to have been part of such a great show. I think he was mildly embarrassed.

I’m all over that season 1 dvd set.

I liked the show as a kid but, like nocturnal_tick, don’t remember many of the specifics. I do remember the time traveling episode, the tunneling episode, and have a very vague memory of the Mr Tasty episode. Plus, when I was getting into Buffy, I kept feeling oogy for admiring Dawn when I still remembered her from this show.

I was more of a Salute Your Shorts fan though.

Loved the show - my best is “Farewell My Viking”, the show where Artie quits as Pete’s personal superhero. That and the “Rolling Thunder” episode with the Grandpa.

I used to get a slight P&P vibe off Malcom in the Middle, another show with a great theme song.

sleepy2, I’ve always heaRd it as :
"Could we ?settle? this soon babe,
or have you picked your target yet?
Hey Sandy (ai ai yai yai)
"

Loved the show - my best is “Farewell My Viking”, the show where Artie quits as Pete’s personal superhero. That and the “Rolling Thunder” episode with the Grandpa.

I used to get a slight P&P vibe off Malcom in the Middle, another show with a great theme song.

sleepy2, I’ve always head it as :
"Could we ?settle? this soon babe,
or have you picked your target yet?
"

[FONT=Arial]

What do you mean Dawn was in Pete and Pete…

::remembers who Michelle Trachenburg is::

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for that…whimper

I can remember reading that the third line was purposely incomprehensible. But this website has the following:

Bonus points for anyone who can quote the “start” of the song.

Pete and Pete - those were the good old days of my childhood. :slight_smile:

Pitstain was a pretty cool character (I loved how even the Petes enemies had “issues”), and I am also partial to the episode where little Pete fakes being sick. Another great episode was the “Adult Swim” one where lifeguard, Big Pete uses the “Pee-Pee See” to reveal who’d been peeing in the pool, and it turned out to be the senior lifeguard.

I have a friend who has some episodes on DVD, but they might be bootleg. Not sure.

Oooh, and a mom with a metal plate in her head that (IIRC) picked up Mexican radio? Priceless.

Artie was my childhood idol, but sadly I can not remember much about the show. I do remember an episode I was fond of, the one where that guy can not get sauce on his face in the beginning. Pete and Pete show him the way, however, and he can finally eat BBQ chicken while making a mess. Most importanly, it is better that way.

Ah, good times. Put me in as another who is glad to see it finally relased!

I’m reading at IMDB that it also had a Heather Matarazzo, but I’m not remembering her. Was she the Krebscout? Didn’t Michelle Trachtenberg always have a cast on her arm? Can’t wait for the DVDs!

I remember being very strongly moved by Farewell My Viking (and I was in my early twenties at the time).

I remember wanting to roadtrip to the town it was filmed in so I could walk down their street…