The Amazing Race 10/25 - Do It Like a Madman

It’s Race day, Race fans!

The front-runners Ken and Tina have had a nearly flawless Race so far. Will they run into trouble on this leg, and will that be enough to kill their attempts to revive their marriage?

Will Terrance and Sarah stay in the “bridesmaid” positions for a fifth leg? They have been 2nd or 3rd every leg so far, despite some major problems with various tasks.

In sweeper position are Aja and Ty, who were exhausted at the end of the last leg. Can they pull their stuff together and work as a team, or are they going home tonight?

As always, watch out for football delays.

It doesn’t look like there will be any football delays this week.

I love the episode guide description:

One racer has no trouble with lying while standing in one of the most religious places on Earth.

I have to say I’d have no trouble either. :slight_smile:

And there doesn’t appear to be an episode of Amazing Race Asia this week. I was enjoying getting a solid two hours of Amazing Race each Sunday…

I was just starting to really like the eliminated team, too.

And yet the amazingly incompetent frat boys, Las Dos Brujas and the Needy Ass and His Enabler are still on my TV screen…

Duplicate post…ignore.

I’m starting to run out of likable teams this season. Dallas and his mother are all right, but I can’t think of one remaining team I’d like hanging out with.

I am actually really enjoying the nutballs this season. Sure I miss the geeks, but…

The Frat Boys are fun because Dan is obviously so very done with the race but they somehow keep coming in second to last.

Terrence and Sarah are complete psychos and their breakdown is going to be legendary.

The Divorcees are so stupid, it is humorous to me.

Nick and Starr are ineptly evil, so I can still watch them without wanting to punch either of them.

Toni and Dallas are alright. I got nothing either way.

The only team I really hate is Ken and Tina. They’re just so annoying. OK, she’s so annoying and she’s got his balls on a string around her neck. At least that looks like it might be changing.

Definitely. Just about everyone left is unpleasant. On the other hand, the legs are absolutely amazing: boat people to Angkor Wat in one episode? That’s the kind of thing I love in the Amazing Race.

This leg is why they have bunching points.

The shocked exclamations and looks on the divorcees’ faces when Phil told them they were team #5 was priceless. They obviously thought they were much higher.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they are not as stupid or as bad racers as they are being portrayed to be. Just a hunch.

Twice they’ve stopped to search for things that were not part of the challenge. Once is a brain fart, twice is incompetence.

I mentioned to someone tonight that if I needed to slow them down all I’d have to do is say loudly, “I can see why their husbands left them…” and they’d go into an emotional meltdown.

And in this episode they started to shoot baskets just because another team was shooting baskets. They hadn’t gotten to the clue telling them to shoot baskets yet.

I’m back! Tell me you missed me! Because, this season, it’s all about me, right? Right?

Anyway, this week we’re treated to a valiant attempt by the Amazing Editors to liven up what was obviously Ty & Aja’s swan song, but to no avail (Hint: when the background is cloudy for one team and sunny for the rest, you can safely expect a Valiant Editing Attempt). The biggest suspense was whether or not this would be a non-elim. It wasn’t, and now there are six.

Taxi Assessment

Stuck in the Desert and Officially Detained - or, Philiminated with extreme prejudice.
Anita and Arthur - Keeping bees.
Anthony and Stephanie - Not getting married. Bummer.
Mark and Bill (bonus coverage of ep 3 losers) - Ooooo. Painful, painful lesson. What did I say in week two’s recap? Lessee… here it is. “TAR rule number 2: ‘READ THE FUCKING CLUE. Then reread it. AND REMEMBER IT.’” As I’m sure Mark & Bill tell each other every time they fire up their Amiga emulator in the Sequesterville game room. Live by the cerebellum, die by the cerebellum, doodz.
Marisa and Brooke (bonus coverage of ep 4 losers) - They were clearly the weakest team, and I’m surprised they performed as well as they did in the third episode. Still…how the Hell did they arrive so damn late to the mat? Something Amazing happens on every leg, I tell you.
Aja and Ty (down from “Rapido!”) - They were really killed by their poor performance last week (they finished two hours behind? sheesh), along with Andrew & Dan’s unexpected good fortune in slipping onto the earlier flight. Some episodes have bunching points where you can make up major time, some don’t. This one didn’t, and there wasn’t much Aja & Ty could have done to even things out. In any case, they were a middle-of-the-pack type team, and now is about when those teams get weeded out. So long, Aja & Ty.

Flat Tire - or, not likely to get anywhere soon.
Andrew and Dan (holding steady) - The worst team left. They have, in fact, finished in the bottom three teams for four weeks running. They’re showing flashes of aptitude (getting on the earlier flight) surrounded by a sea of indifferent racing and pure bumbling (Can’t turn a crank on a hand pump? Need a fancy prep-school edimucation to have heard of Cambodia? Sheesh.). Granted, the point of these legs is simply “do not finish last,” and Andrew & Dan have met that goal admirably so far. However, “try not to bumble about as badly as the competition” is not a winning strategy, and I expect this team to crash and burn right…about…(one week pause)…NOW.

Stopping for Gas - or, not broken-down, exactly, but not a good sign.
Kelly and Christy (holding steady) - Apparently this team has decided that “being bitchy,” combined with “inept clue reading,” is a winning combination. A novel approach, to be sure, but one that’s unlikely to be ultimately successful. And, quick comment: I love how they’re so proud of their “strategy,” which is “get to the airport quickly, find the first ticket counter, and get on the first flight.” First of all, that’s not exactly a “strategy,” that’s more of a “goal.” Hey, my strategy for winning the Amazing Race? Go out there, race faster, and get to the mat first! Can’t lose following that! I’m a regular Rommel, I am!

"Rapido! Por Favor?" - or, making meaningless ineffectual comments from the back seat, but in no immediate danger.
Toni and Dallas (holding steady) - In the long run, I’m still a bit worried about Mom’s stamina. However, they’ve been holding their own so far, and are much less likely to do something spazztically stupid than, say, Terence & Sarah. A dark horse condidate for the final three.

In the Passing Lane - or, ahead of the pack, but not quite comfortably.
Terence and Sarah (holding steady) - Wow. Sometimes being a spazz is a positive strategy. Whod’a thunk? Good work by Terence in pushing their boat to the dock using pure spazz power. This team has been doing surprisingly well, considering their sketchy intra-team dynamics. Let’s see if it lasts.
Nick and Starr (holding steady) - A comeback into a first place finish. Nick is finally showing that he’s worth something–note he immediately grabbed a local guide in Ankgor Wat, rather than randomly wandering around. I have an idea that this team is the least likely to implode (at least of the top three), due to their brother-sister dynamics.

Cruisin’ with Earl - or, drivin’ on the shoulder, takin’ shortcuts, and generally kickin’ butt.
Ken and Tina (holding steady) - A fourth-place finish this week, but only after a string of firsts. They’re running a largely mistake-free Race, and even Tina’s minor ineptitude isn’t a huge setback, not at this point. This is clearly the team to beat.

Next week: Ken snaps! Betcha he cheats…on Tina! Ha!

[sub]Props to Mullinator and his Raj Ratings.[/sub]

zut, I’m sorry but you are the last poster to arrive.

[dramatic pause]

I am pleased to inform you however that this is one of three pre-determined non-elimination threads.

But you have to give us all your stuff. C’mon, empty your pockets.

LOL zut - I thought the same thing about the “Divorcees” strategy. “Go fast and get there first?!? Better keep that quick so the other teams don’t try and steal it!”

I’m a Nick and Starr fan at this point. I appreciate the good racing and the ability to stay calm when it’s not going well.

I’m pretty sure it didn’t have anything to do with how fast the gas was pumped, I think Team Frat Boy’s valve wasn’t fully closed. Had to chuckle watching him turning that crank “like a madman”.

That was my thought too. With the valve open there wasn’t any suction happening into the tube. That’s why they had to do it like a madman to get it to work.

His buddy closed the valve while he was cranking like a madman. That is why it suddenly started working.