The American Idol Results Prediction Contest (Year 2)

RickJay had a good idea with this one last year. Let’s try it again, shall we?

To play, you simply have to list out the order you think this year’s American Idol contestants will be eliminated. Put together a list ranging from #1 (the eventual winner) through #12 (the first one to get the boot), like so:

[ol][li]Melinda Doolittle[/li][li]Chris Sligh[/li][li]Lakisha Jones[/li][li]Chris Richardson[/li][li]Blake Lewis[/li][li]Haley Scarnato[/li][li]Gina Glocksen[/li][li]Stephanie Edwards[/li][li]Brandon Rogers[/li][li]Jordin Sparks[/li][li]Sanjaya Malakar[/li][li]Phil Stacey[/ol][/li]Please keep in mind that this does not reflect how I think they should be eliminated, just how I think they will be booted.

From here on out, I’m pretty much just going to copy and paste the scoring system RickJay came up with.

SCORING: For every Idol you correctly pick on exactly the correct week of elimination, you score 3 points. For every Idol you pick on an adjacent week of elimination, score 1 point. (E.g. I will get 3 points if Brandon goes out on Week 9, 1 point if he’s out Week 10 or 8.)

However, the scoring is different from the #1 and #2 spots:

• If you correctly guess the champion, score 8 points. If your championship guess is the runner up, score 5 points; third place, one point.

• Your choice for runner up scores 5 points if you hit it. You get 3 points if your runner up wins the whole enchilada, 2 points if they finish third.

Plus more bonus points: If you hit a turkey - e.g. hit 3 perfect predictions in a row, so for instance if Glocksen, Scarnato and Lewis went 7-6-5 as I have predicted - you score 1 bonus point. If you hit a fourth straight pick, 2 more bonus points (so 3 bonus points overall.) Five in a row? Three more bonus points!

Plus… if you correctly guess the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place competitors, that’s 5 bonus points.

Entries may be entered into this thread up to the beginning of the Tuesday, March 13 performance show. You may edit or re-enter your picks up to that point but not one minute later.

Good luck, everyone!

[ol][li]Melinda Doolittle[/li][li]Blake Lewis[/li][li]Lakisha Jones[/li][li]Chris Sligh[/li][li]Chris Richardson[/li][li]Stephanie Edwards[/li][li]Gina Glocksen[/li][li]Jordin Sparks[/li][li]Phil Stacey[/li][li]Brandon Rogers[/li][li]Sanjaya Malakar[/li]Haley Scarnato[/ol]

1. Melinda Doolittle
  2. Lakisha Jones
  3. Chris S.
  4. Blake Lewis
  5. Jordin Sparks
  6. Gina Glocksen
  7. Stephanie Edwards
  8. Chris R.
  9. Phil Stacey
  10. Brandon Rogers
  11. Sanjaya Malakar
  12. Haley Scarnato.

This is the order that I wish for. Predicting America is futile.

1. Melinda Doolittle
  2. Chris S.
  3. Blake Lewis
  4. Lakisha Jones
  5. Chris R.
  6. Gina Glocksen
  7. Jordin Sparks
  8. Stephanie Edwards
  9. Brandon Rogers
  10. Sanjaya Malakar
  11. Phil Stacey
  12. Haley Scarnato

Not exactly what I want to happen, but what I think will happen. In bad moments I think that Chris R will rise to the top and take the whole thing. Really bad moments.

1, Melinda Doolittle
2. Chris Sligh
3. Lakisha Jones
4. Blake Lewis
5. Chris Richardson
6. Gina Glocksen
7. Stephanie Edwards
8. Jordin Sparks
9. Haley Scarnato
10. Brandon Rogers
11. Phil Stacey
12. Sanjaya Malakar

1. Melinda
  2. Sligh
  3. Blake
  4. Lakisha
    5.Chris R.
  5. Gina
  6. Brandon
  7. Stephanie
  8. Jordin
  9. Stacey
  10. Haley
  11. Sanjaya

Is there anybody who isn’t picking Melinda to win? I don’t remember ever seeing Simon so enamored of a contestant. He luuurves her.

And has there ever been so much agreement on the top 4? I think so far every one picked the same top 4 (in different orders, of course) except for one poster, and even that one had 3 of them in there.

You guys are underestimating Sanjaya way too much. He’s got the young vote tied up - the first thing my friend said was that he reminded her of a guy in ‘High School Musical’, which is really popular with the teen crowd. He won’t win, but he’ll go farther than his voice would have taken him.

A lot of people are comparing him to Kevin Covais, but there’s one big difference. Sanjaya’s kinda hot, at least to a lot of girls who wouldn’t qualify as cradle robbers.

Melinda Doolittle
Lakisha Jones
Blake Lewis
Chris Richardson
Gina Glocksen
Chris Sligh
Stephanie Edwards
Jordin Sparks
Sanjaya Malakar
Brandon Rogers
Phil Stacey
Haley Scarnato

I peeked at others on preview. I must be completely off-base. But this was my gut feeling, and I’m going for it. :stuck_out_tongue:

But he’s so feminine. I mean, I could understand if he said his secret was ninja lessons. But hula? Since when did girls start thinking a guy who probably hangs with them and compares outfits “hot”? I mean, I’m old and all, so the whole zeitgeist might have changed. I’m honestly curious about this because I really don’t get it even a teeny bit.

I don’t know how far back it stretches, Lib, but in my experience there’ve always been girls who went for guys with a feminine look.

I came of age during the late 80’s, and was very much part of the hair metal scene – long poofy hair, ankle-length jackets, lotsa spandex and jewlery. And 95% of why it was done could be summed up with “chicks dug it”.

Of course, the big difference in Sanjaya’s case is looking feminine versus acting feminine.

My guess:

Melinda Doolittle
Blake Lewis
Lakisha Jones
Chris Sligh
Stephanie Edwards
Jordin Sparks
Gina Glocksen
Sanjaya Malakar
Chris Richardson
Phil Stacey
Brandon Rogers
Haley Scarnato

1. Melinda Doolittle
  2. Blake Lewis
  3. Lakisha Jones
  4. Chris Sligh
  5. Gina Glocksen
  6. Stephanie Edwards
  7. Brandon Rogers
  8. Chris Richardson
  9. Jordin Sparks
  10. Sanjaya Malakar
  11. Phil Stacey
  12. Haley Scarnato

P.S. Thanks Hal!

1. Melinda Doolittle
  2. Chris R
  3. Lakisha Jones
  4. Blake Lewis
  5. Chris Sligh
  6. Sanjaya
  7. Gina Glocksen
  8. Jordin Sparks
  9. Brandon Rogers
  10. Phil Stacey
  11. Stephanie Edwards
  12. Haley Scarnato
  1. Melinda Doolittle
  2. Chris Sligh
  3. Chris Richardson
  4. Lakisha Jones
  5. Blake Lewis
  6. Gina Gloksen
  7. Jordin Sparks
  8. Phil Stacey
  9. Brandon Rogers
  10. Sanjaya Malakar
  11. Stephanie Edwards
  12. Haley Scarnato

[ol]
[li]Melinda Doolittle[/li][li]Chris Sligh[/li][li]Lakisha Jones[/li][li]Blake Lewis[/li][li]Brandon Rogers[/li][li]Gina Glocksen[/li][li]Stephanie Edwards[/li][li]Jordin Sparks[/li][li]Phil Stacey[/li][li]Sanjaya Malakar[/li][li]Chris Richardson[/li][li]Haley Scarnato[/li][/ol]

P.S. Ditto on the thanks, Hal!

Without peaking at where others are going:[ol]
[] Melinda Doolittle [] Chris Richardson [] Lakisha Jones [] Blake Lewis [] Jordin Sparks [] Gina Glocksen [] Chris Sligh [] Stephanie Edwards [] Brandon Rogers [] Sanjaya Malakar [] Haley Scarnato [] Phil Stacey [/ol]

1. Melinda Doolittle
  2. Chris Sligh
  3. Lakisha Jones
  4. Blake Lewis
  5. Gina Glocksen
  6. Stephanie Edwards
  7. Chris Richardson
  8. Jordin Sparks
  9. Haley Scarnato
  10. Phil Stacey
  11. Sanjaya Malakar
  12. Brandon Rogers

Someone hasn’t touched any manga. Or looked at emo boys. Or realized that it is kind of a status symbol to have a teen gay guy friend. Feminine is in, my friend!

I need a teen gay guy friend? I did not know that.