the april fools mmp

Howdy Y’all! Been a bzzzy bear today. Got da cave spiffed, finally took the dang coffee cups over to the church house. We have a cleanin’ crew there (contracted) but I’m not seein’ much evidence of stuff gettin’ done. As [del]church janitor[/del] Junior Warden a part of the duties is to make sure they are doin’ there job. Looks like I will need to call the contact person, have her meet me over there, and have a little come to Jesus about what is expected and what ain’t happenin’. I can do this. I don’t like to do it, but I can and will when needed. In other news sup got cooked and et and the kitchen is now all cleanded.

MOOOOOOM yay for FCDaughter! She’s gettin’ there. Nuts while on the subject of car buyin’, what MetalMouse said. If you are not completely sure, it’s best to wait a little longer.

{{{Juliet}}} I’m sure you are at the toof docs now. Hope it all goes well and the crown is fixed.

BatBoy glad mum and you had a good time despite the incidents. glad you’re better and hope mum is not too sore after her fall.

Tea tests have always made me edgy. I’m sure you’ll do or did fine.

As to what I am, I am a grumpy, old, gray, gay man. Really thought y’all had that figured out by now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Peedin ick! Still, better thee than me. :smiley: So glad I no longer have to do such stuff!

spidey, my adventure with the umbrella wasn’t quite that much fun. :stuck_out_tongue:

My your dental woes be over soon Juliet.

I went to the doctor this morning. While I was there, I had a low blood glucose episode. They gave me a Glucerna bar and an Ensure drink to bring it up, monitored me until I was save to drive and told me to go eat some breakfast. I went to my dental checkup at one and everything looked good. I spent the rest of the afternoon doing laundry, binging on card making videos and working on a prototype of a possible new side gig to go along with some of the other wedding stuff I do. One of my cow-orkers wanted to know if I could make a custom banner for her mom for their Mother’s day cruise. I said I’d give it a shot, so I’m tracking the time involved and doing the cost accounting. I think I can make a few bucks on this.

Good luck Juliet.

Went to the park even though I have been sick all day.
I didn’t get much else done though.

Finally got the groceries ordered, the site was screwy earlier today. When I did a search on ground beef I got canned dog food as the result. I changed the search to meat, and I got hot dogs and bologna. I messed up the order and forgot some things, but I don’t care, we can do without.

Dying over here. Bum knee killing me.

{{{Butters}}} Knees can really be a pain (and not meant as a joke–they really are). Hope you get to feeling better.

Red, y’all take better care of yourself, ya hear! But hope the side work goes well.

Swampy, I am convinced that you will become the 'indispensible man" at the church and will be their Warden forever (or die trying).

{{{Juliet}}}. Uneasy is the head that wears a crown, but I hope they got it fixed.

Soccer went pretty well, let the King take care of the evening repast, and now need to do a few more soccer things and chill.

All y’all take care.

Well, I’ve told the car seller that if he gets a fresh MOT (1 year certificate sayin’ it’s road legal) I’ll have it.

The current car has been getting a bit concerning- stuff like all the dials cutting out, the gearbox is getting worse and it’s positively drinking oil. 'Taint gonna last much longer. If I still have it at the end of this month, I have to re-insure it. Cos of insurance, I basically can’t have two cars at once, so I’d need to get rid of the current one (or at least get it offroad, which I can do for a few days but not longer without annoying the neighbours) before getting a new one. I really do need a car to both get to work and to Uni, so doing what I usually do and waiting til my car breaks down or becomes illegal to drive really isn’t an option, as it could happen at any time and if I have to get one Right Now I could have very few options.

I’m off next week for Easter break, with a 5 day gap between work shift, so that seems like a good time to try sort this out. Unlike some people round here, I recognise that not making a decision with a deadline approaching is also, in fact, making a choice.

Like I said, I do have the money, and if I have to miss a few shifts 'cos I can’t get there, I’d lose out more than spending a little extra now.

Just got a reply from the tiny plant lady; apparently the computer decided to go funny yesterday, so she was indeed there, just couldn’t send emails. I did consider calling, Metalmouse, but didn’t have a phone number aside from calling the college and asking to be put through, which is a pain, 'cos the lab phone only rings twice then cuts out, for some reason…

Yes, most of the equipment there is slightly dodgy. Well noticed :wink:

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 49 Amurrkin out and dark (TWPTB say cloudy) with a predicted high of 68 and mostly N.O.S. for the day. Today I shall take care of laundry and probably even ahrn shirts. :eek: I have a strange other task to take care of and that is to get pine straw for Sattidy’s irk day over to the church house. I shall check out some local places via teh intartoobz and buy from the cheapest place I reckon. I could go ahead and get it and take it over to the church house. I mean, if’n it rains (supposed to Firday) before then, well, it’s pine straw and pine straw gets wet in its natural environment. MetalMouse I do not want to be [del]church janitor[/del] Junior Warden for life. Even though I am in the first year of a three year term on the Vestry and could be JW (if elected each year) all three years, I can’t see doin’ that. I prefer to spread the joy. :smiley: Sup shall be leftovers from yestiddy.

{{{Butters}}} hope the knee feels better today.

Nuts sounds like a good plan to me. Apparently you have put a lot of thought into buyin’ the car.

{{{sari}}} hope you’re feelin’ better today.

Now I need more caffeine and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

Up, caffeinated, and sheveled. Off to work. Gonna go out and watch the Canes game after work.

Nut, in that situation, yeah, buy the more reliable car.

Back at my desk. rah. Weird dream last night including, among other weirdness, my apartment (??) being watched by my Aunt Stella, who died about 10 years ago. When the alarm went off, I was about to make the decision to retire immediately, but I’m a professional, and there’s a lot of crap on my desk, so I’m here ready to work.

Happy Tuesday! Here’s hoping the caffeine kicks in soon!

Happy Toosday!

It’s 32 degrees outside, supposed to be N.O.S. with a high of 50 today.

We have to get groceries today.

I’m tired, didn’t sleep well last night.
Too much on my mind.

{{Butters}} Hope your bum knee stops being such a bum and starts working. Or at least stops killing you.

The tooth is feeling a bit better today; not sure if it’s the pain meds, lack of chewing, or if it’s actually fixed. The real test will be when I eat lunch. I didn’t chew my breakfast (had a meal shake), so we’ll see if I’m in excruciating pain after chewing lunch.

The pain last night, though… wow. My tooth was already in excruciating pain, and they’re grinding away at it like it’s nothing. I’m balling in the dentist chair, in the worst pain of my life. And I’ve birthed 2 children. About half way through, they asked if I would like something to numb the area. Like, duh!? I didn’t know that was an option with this type of procedure.

Who said you wanted to? If you’re that competent, people will just become so used to that competence and won’t let you leave…
Morning all. N.O.S. and 49F, heading for 60F. Did some more soccer stuff (hopefully the last changes) and need to make myself presentable for doing some public banking and shopping today. The 9-year old soccer coaching this evening. Still need to schedule my annual physical, might do that today or leave it for Wednesday.

Nut, you know your car’s status and the potential replacement’s, I agree that the seller getting the MOT certificate is a good move. Hope it all works out.

FCM, beginning to think you’ll never really retire; even when you leave your job, you’ll find other stuff to do.

Juliet, they started work without offering you anything for the pain and only did so when you got into obvious distress? Is there any other dentist in the area, these B****** sound like sadists. Hope they got it right this time. I would have been punching somebody.

There’s only one other dental practice in the area that accepts my insurance, and they are pretty sketchy, too.

Maybe it’s time to look into switching off my husband’s dental insurance and getting dental insurance for the family from my work.

Not much today but the weekend is getting complicated. This may be one of those times when I return to Da Jungle Moanday to rest up.

Yesterday a friend was asking for donations on Facebook. Her husband (whom I went to high school with) was laid off a few years ago after someone crashed into him leaving him with broken bones and traumatic brain injury. He can’t seem to get disability. She has been finishing her doctorate, and tried to make money as a Lyft driver. Didn’t work. So now she’s asking for $40 to feet their cats for the next month. Normally I help out my friends in need. Right now though, things are a bit tight and $40 is difficult.

I’ll contact her later to see if any of her other friends were able to help out. If not… Well, my credit card is already almost maxed out. What’s another four sawbucks?

LAJohn, I could manage the $40 for a good cause. Le tme know by PM if I can help.

ruble, hope the complexities get untangled smoothly for you.

Did banking, purchased some new soccer balls, and got the car washed, which was enough activity for me today. Temperature is up to 57F, so need to decide how much to wear for soccer practice this evening. Think I have all the major soccer team headaches settled, but several minor ones still exist, just to keep things entertaining…

Chillage and perhaps nappage, then on to the next practice.

That’s very kind of you. As I was posting though, I decided I’d go ahead and feed their kitties if no one else has already. Thank you, though. :slight_smile:

In other news… We have a check-in board (In/Out, Working from home, Ill, etc.) in the lobby, and there is often a page hanging down from the bottom of it for announcements. I saw the page as I came in and thought to myself, ‘I wonder who’s being congratulated for what?’ It was me! It turns out that today is my 12-year anniversary with the company. (And I’m making as much now, as I was making in 2003 in Southern California with my previous employer.)

I’m possibly the weirdest type II diabetic in the world, but I hardly ever have those kinds of episodes, but when I do - Yikes! You have my sincerest sympathies and i hope it doesn’t happen again. Maybe you could cry a Glucerna bar around with you?
Wifey carries an incredible amount of stuffs around in her purse. :dubious:

{{{Butters}}}

Ima make a prediction here, you will be elected over and over.

Maybe she is watching. Boy is she gonna be mad when she finds out it’s not your apartment she’s [del]haunting[/del] watching:D

Sounds like a plan.

And the hits just keep on coming! Last night I got an e-mail from my credit union down south, with whom I have my only credit card, that the check that I mailed them for my credit card payment was short. :eek: I had sent them a check for $400. They credited my account for $40. :confused: I checked my local credit union that the check was drawn on, and yep, they had debited my account $40. I called up the image of the check and it said, plain as day, $400. :smack:
I called far-away credit union this morning, expecting to spend an hour or two of quality time figgering this out, but got a very nice, and efficient, young woman who fixed it in about 10 minutes. :smiley:

It only took that long 'cause I was asking her for routing numbers and stuff to set up automatic bill pay.

Happy toosday.

Well, my work day ended with a bang. Just as I pulled into the sitter’s driveway, I realized I’d left my purse at work. So Roxy and I went back to the office so I could get it. She visited with a few people - OK, she stared at a few people as I chatted with them. And she lost her shoe as we walked down the hall.

The plan was to stop at Food Lion on the way home for a rotissed chickie. They were all still rotissing and the guy said it’d be another 20 minutes or so. dammit. So no rotissed chickie for supper. I’m not sure what to do now. **FCD **isn’t hungry - I’ll just leave everyone on their own.

I definitely got my Moanday on Tuesday…

Speaking of food, I made Caprese Stuffed Portobellos with balsamic vinegar reduction Friday. Saturday I made the same sauce I make for escargots*, only with shrimp instead of snails and mushrooms. We had it over angel hair pasta. Since I’m still avoiding carbohydrates, Mrs. L.A. ate the leftover pasta the next day (there was no leftover sauce). She followed my suggestion to heat it with olive oil, garlic, and tomatoes, and then top it with fresh basil. She used garlic powder instead of actual garlic, but she said it was good.

***** For escargots, melt 2 tbsp. butter in a pan with a bunch of garlic and a bit of salt. Sauté 12 mushroom caps and 12 snails (that have been soaked in cold water for at least 5 minutes) until the mushroom caps are tender. Meanwhile, whisk together 1/3 cup heavy cream, 1/3 cup sherry (I have a bottle of amontillado), 1 tbsp. flour, some tarragon, and some pepper. When the mushrooms and snails are ready, pour in the mixture and simmer until it thickens. Put one mushroom cap bottom-side-up into each hole in an escargots dish (or arrange in a baking dish), and put one snail into each mushroom cap. Cover with the sauce. Sprinkle/cover with finely-grated Parmesan cheese and bake in a 350°F oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is golden.