It's Halloween in the MMP

Boo!

AAAAAAAAAAH!
For some reason, nobody jumps when I go “boo!” And yet, way back when several friends told me there was this movie I absolutely had to go see as I was one of the main characters
I’m at irk, very irked because I’m only one of two people here and neither of us expects to do a lot of anything this week. Have asked my direct manager to have a chat about replanning my WFH/local calendar, because I really don’t see the point in being here 99% of the time. The main reason my butt is here instead of back home is that his boss dislikes WFH, but you know what? I hate face time almost as much as I hate hotel pillows :p.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up, caffeinated, and purtified so no YAWN ‘Tis a cloudy 71 Amurrkin out with a predicted high of 77 and rain. Supposed to rain over the next three days. We shall see. We’re goin’ to brekkie at the Cookie Shoppe this mornin’ cause OYKW wants to take cookies to irk which means I will also take cookies to irk because, well, cookies!

EEK!!!

OK, that’s all I got for now. I shall surf teh intartoobz for a few minutes whilst waitin’ on OYKW to finish purtification.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

Happy Moonday!

Must be cold out because the heat is running.

I’m up too early on purpose to help Sah-son register for classes. It started at 6am and already the classes are filling up. I told him so. Sign up early or get stuck with what is left - like he did this semester.

I forgot to get Halloween candy last week so we’ll be grocery shopping again this week.

Once he gets done I’m going back to bed.

Today my costume is of a sleepy person. Blurf! (mwahaha)

How soon do new members get to use “Blurf?”

Cold here to, furnace is on. Gotta get it set lower for the day. The time of year to warm up the house first thing and then freeze the rest of the day or get off my butt and move to keep warm.

Who had a good breaky this morning? Course it depends on your version of good

Cat went out and then right back in, he did not like the cold, at all!

Husband was off to work early today, probably tomorrow too but then back to regular hours…find a job thats more consistent dear.

SIL went off to Chicago on a train this morning with three girlfriends. They do this once every year to go shopping…such is the life.

No papers to serve for a couple days maybe even not until Friday so maybe I can get something done around here.

Well that is my Monday morning contemplations

WBY, you may blurf at your discrection.

Breakfast was a large bowl of Cocoa Krispies…love that chocolate milk…

The remains of Hurricane Patricia are providing us with rain the next couple of days, so a good time to hunker down at work…if I had any worth doing. Slow season here.
Still in the 60’s - 70’s Faren., so I’m constantly adjusting the thermometer for the temperature.

Sari, I also need to shop for candy, albeit the number of treaters may drop off since two of my neighbors with kids moved recently (honestly, it wasn’t me!) so that may drop the numbers. Remember the first rule of candy buying; make sure you get something YOU like, since you’ll be stuck with the leftovers. :D:cool:

It’s in the 50’s here in the home of the United States Belly Button Academy. Trying to gear up for work. Bleh weekend, kidney stones.

Which for me isn’t so bad anymore since I’ve had dozens of them, it’s more of a ‘feeling rotten, don’t know why… pee, pee, THWACK! Oh that’s why.’ event for me.

So Blurf. There, I said it.

Up, caffeinated, closing tonight.

Blurf

It gray, rainy, and very windy out today. Between the rain and the wind making the tides higher than usual some places are starting to flood.

MetalMouse if I buy the kind I like there won’t be any left to give out at Halloween.

Class scheduling is a pita. He needs one more because the KeyBoarding class is only 1 credit but I told him to take it anyway. I thought it was simply typing but it also includes grammar, punctuation, abbreviations, and other good stuff. It never hurts to have that stuff drummed into your head a few times. When you can write/type it without thinking about it it makes life a lot easier. He wanted to take Ocean Studies but he has to take math first.

Oh well, a lot better than went I went to school and you had to go from building to building and stand in line and hope your class was still available and the times didn’t conflict with your other classes.

Kids today don’t know how easy they have it.

No breakfast for me yet, I’m going back to bed - then I’ll worry about food.

Boo!

Is it Hallowe’en already? That has kind of crept up on me this year…had a lot of things on my mind just recently and the whole scary season thing has almost passed me by.

Nothing exciting going on in my world today, I had a nice restful weekend for a change as I didn’t have to go over to see my mum. She had other plans, and I got a day at home, well, a day at the gym instead. The downside is that I have a loose wisdom tooth and over the weekend it’s become looser and a bit painful so I have to find a dentist now.

I haven’t been to a dentist for over 15 years…

Halloween is a big deal in the Keys. It all started last week with the Goombay festival which celebrates the Bahamian culture. Then it is Fantasy Fest which is a week of debauchery, drunks and nakedness. It all culminates next Sat with a parade. Usually about 60 to 80 thousand extra people will come down for it. I run a shuttle from two bases to downtown and back for the parade. I just had all the buses serviced and am just about ready to roll. We usually wind up driving around 600 souls. Anything to keep our sailors safe and out of jail.

Hey turn around and Christmas will be staring at you!

Blurf.

Spent yesterday making Halloween costume. Keeping in theme with the office decorating theme (my office makes a big thing of Halloween), I’m a jellyfish this year. I spent yesterday making my jellyfish costume. I have a few more things to do on it but am otherwise done.

After work, I’m cutting out a bunch of fish silhouettes for the decorations.

Boo to you too! :stuck_out_tongue:

Air Force, blurf is a state of mind and if you’re in the MMP, you are there.

It’s a Cat-in-the-hat day here too. Patricia has sent rain this far north. Evil woman.

I’m trying to get some issues straightened out that involve our order fulfillment, transportation and customer service. I foresee alcohol happening this evening. :stuck_out_tongue:

So much for thinking I could sleep.

The dog is in one of his moods again today. He can’t decide if he wants in or out, dragging his bed all over the place, almost knocked the phone stand over.

I thought I wouldn’t have to deal with the MD Exchange again this year, if I do nothing I keep the same insurance. However, the premium is going up $183/month so I will have to go shopping for a new policy. Fun, fun, fun! Not, not, not!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

You should have informed us earlier that Fantasy Fest contains my three favorite things!

SurlyRabbit, you’ve been around long enough to know the pix rule!

Oh joy… off to see the oncologist for the first visit in about an hour.

{{{gotti}}}