The Arizona "audit"

Because destruction of democracy is all they have left at this point.

Enumclaw is in King County but most of King County isn’t in Enumclaw. :wink:

I wonder how Culp’s fight is going? :rofl:

Culp gave up, he’s running for a US House seat instead. He withdrew his lawsuit a month after filing it.

Unless the new bid for Congress is the fight you mean.

I love that the AP didn’t just call him a “former” candidate, they put the “failed” in there. :smiley:

I hadn’t seen anything for a while from him. I know he continued to milk donations from his supporters to “fight the steal” in his failed guv run.

Culp vs Newhouse will be interesting. Trumpsters hate Newhouse since he voted for impeachment.

I also like this line:

Uh oh Spaghettios:

Let’s go to the quarry and throw stuff down there!

Good news, everyone!

Those nefarious Democrats! They must have hacked the voting machines to give votes to Trump, because they knew the Republicans would do an audit and completely embarrass themselves in the end. This is worse than the time the Democrats said vaccines were great because they knew Republicans wouldn’t take them then.

Laugh all you want at the clownishness with which the Arizona audit went down, but it’s accomplishing what Republicans want – normalizing such audits for the next election. The Texas Secretary of State yesterday announced an audit of voting in four large Democratic-leaning counties with no reason given and despite the fact that Trump won Texas. I’m sure that’ll largely confirm the votes there as well.

There was never a chance that any of this was going to overturn the 2020 election. The goal here is to make such audits seem normal and non-threatening. The outcome of the Arizona audit helps with that – see how ridiculous it was how big a deal liberals made out of it?

And in 2024 they’ll be ready before the voting starts to vote suppress and tactically launch “audits” immediately after election day so that they can reverse enough votes before the results are certified.

Not to be deterred, Texas now wants to audit their 2020 results. To take attention away from all the Covid deaths, I suppose.

It’s from the ridiculous to the sublime, and then right back to the ridiculous. Or, maybe the other way around.

I LOVE the fact that the County went even more for Biden than the official count. Biden should start whining about conspiracies against him and illegal votes.

And not all of Texas but only from 4 major urban counties that either went to Biden (Tarrant, Harris, Dallas, i.e. Fort Worth, Houston, Dallas) or went to Trump but was surprisingly closer than expected (Collin - suburban Dallas and typically heavily conservative).

They’re getting set up for the midterms and more importantly for 2024.

Absolutely not! That’s the whole point of the “audits” - not to win but to introduce doubt into our electoral process (and also to temporarily appease the ego of a whiny man-child). Even jokingly, the idea of helping them undermine our democracy is terrifying.

I think the point was to give them a reason to pass their draconian voter restrictions, so that mission is already accomplished.

Obviously, I don’t really want Biden to start whining like the little toddler that the previous president was.

It was also to give cover for future “audits”. And with this result confirming Biden’s win, the claim in future will be that clearly it was a ‘fair’ outcome so there shouldn’t be any objections to more of these on all elections.

Yesterday was the deadline set for Cyber Ninjas and all subcontractors to turn over all communication relating to the “audit”. I have not seen an articles stating that they have done so. Even if they do I imagine it will take some time for the news organizations to go through them and find if there are any smoking guns contained in them.

The final report seems to have done little to dissuade Trump supporters from believing the nonsense they have been spouting, and Trump certainly claimed a victory during his Georgia speech. Still I want to know the e-mails, memos, and all other communication associated with the audit has been made public as law decrees. There may be some interesting details amidst a great pile of boring procedural boilerplate.

Here is the same link that I put into post #31 above (but more discreet): Arizona Senate president tells Cyber Ninjas to 'immediately make available' records on election audit

If this era of right wing nuttery ends in my lifetime I’m gonna look back and marvel at how canny Trumpistas were at demanding that Dems prove their innocence while never being held even remotely accountable for proving their own case.

Will you marvel if it doesn’t end in your lifetime?

How could he? Because he’d be, you know, dead an’ shite.

Heh, my mistake. Okay; how about a deathbed utterance? Last words on a par with Thomas Jefferson Still Survives, maybe?

FWIW, Jefferson had died a few hours earlier.