The "Ask The...." Anthology (Or, a list of EVERY major "Ask the..." thread that was ever made)

[moderating]
So be it.
[/moderating]

Like!

great to sticky it.

might it fit better in MPSIMS where the threads would be?

Actually, not all of the threads are in MPSIMS, and a lot of people don’t know that’s where they’d be. I think it will be easier to find in ATMB.

Who, me? Yeh, I took a break from the board for quite a while.

Oh, this is a mod asking us, rather than someone else asking the mods (where my opinion would mean bupkis.)

Sure, do it. It’s a common feature of the forum. And people seem to assume you know about it.

And, yeah, it should be in MPSIMS. If not all the threads are there, they should be moved there. “Ask me about myself” doesn’t fit in any other forum.

ATMB is a part of the message board that no person should ever have to enter. It deals with administrative content, nothing more.

“Ask the pastry chef” or “Ask the actress” would fit very well in Cafe Society. “Ask the NFL quarterback” or “Ask the game designer” are perfect fits for the Game Room. And “Ask the troll” is just right for the Pit. :wink:

I suppose that depends on your definition of “administrative,” but I think you’re misinterpreting the purpose of ATMB. It’s the SDMB’s home for meta-information, like where to find things on the SDMB (including, in fact, “ask the…” threads).

Another thread for the Work Specific category: [Ask the Funeral Director who’s a] New Member[edited title]

Not an “ask the” thread

Sorry in advance if this is overly pedantic :wink:

(It sounded very promising though!)

Um, did I ever write an ‘Ask the chess player’ thread?

(If not, perhaps I should…

Ahem: Tell the Guy without an Ask Thread - Miscellaneous and Personal Stuff I Must Share - Straight Dope Message Board

I would think homelessness is not going to be a factor.

I’m guessing the “ask the girl in the wheelchair” won’t be included :slight_smile:

If that’s a call for votes, count mine as a “nay.”

Nah, I’ll leave that one out, heh.

umkay…, whatever the management says, umkay…, sombody had to do it… umkay…

This ‘sticky’ should be locked, “umkay”… I’m sensing a management wimp-out, here, umkay…

We’re stuck in a Beavis & Butthead episode, umkay…

Unless I missed it, my “Ask The Car Wash Guy” thread isn’t here.

:frowning:

:smiley:

But there’s mine:

“Ask the real live guy in a real wheelchair”

All true.

Can my ‘Ask the…’ thread “Ask the guy who’s had hair restoration surgery…twice.” in MPSIMS be added to the list?

I started an “ask the 'bif” thread in my original run here. And in my curent incarnation I started a thread “Ask the guy using Section 8 to get his own aprartment”.