The Best Part of Waking Up...

Ahh, Muzak. My favorite Muzak rendition was one I heard in some department store a few years ago. Yes, somewhere out there, there is a Muzak version of “Do You Think I’m Sexy” by Rod Stewart. I laughed so hard I nearly pissed myself.

Somebody please tell me that they’re joking about a disco version of “Have a Cigar”. Its almost incomprehensible to me how that would sound.

Are there any other Cure fans out there that occasionally hear Cure Musak in stores that almost makes them want to run away screaming profanities.

I have to disagree here. I normally hate cover songs AND Pearl Jam…but “Last Kiss” rocks. It’s just catchy. Another awesome album of cover songs is the one my sister bght my husband for his birthday this year :“If I Were a Carpenter” (various artists). It has bands like Sonic Youth, Dishwalla, and Babes in Toyland doing all the old Carpenters classics (which my husband loves and I hate)…it’s unbelieveable.

I thought I’d start throwing molotov cocktails when I heard a Muzak version of Revolution by the Beatles.
Actually, one artist did Beatles songs even better than they did: Joe Cocker.

Fretful Porcupine: I am not a G&R fan, but I kinda liked their take on Heaven’s Door.
I also liked The Byrds’ version of Mr. Tamborine Man.

Dave Barry’s Book of Bad Songs: yes, yes yes!!! Hilarious.

Piece of my Heart - Faith Hill
Be still, Janis, it will go away.

Oblio

A point in every direction is like no point at all

i agree… she didnt need to cover that song.
i dont think anyone could and do a good job of it

Zette
Sheryl Crow’s remake of Guns -n- Roses “Sweet Child of Mine” makes my skin crawl. The just whines the whole thing and sounds awful. Ruins a great song.

Chief’s Domain - http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~ravi

btw, shatner’s mr tambourine man is hilarious
one of the funniest songs ive ever heard!!!

and gnr’s cover of knockin is awesome!!

Chief’s Domain - http://www.seas.ucla.edu/~ravi

Oooohhhh…Last Kiss. That song gives me seizures.

Orgy’s remake of Blue Monday. WHHYYYYYYYY?

Marylyn Manson’s remake of Sweet Dreams gets my vote for worst remake ever.

One of those Gap commercials had a country cover of Crazy Little Thing Called Love. It sounded OK, but it was not nearly as good as the original.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.