The Cecilanalytic thread

Lets take some time out to gather up everything we know about our mysterious leader and then, in our collective humble opinions, fill in the gaps :smiley:

First off, lets assume that he is in fact a real person (just to avoid people chiming in to say hes not real, thats bullshit.)

Facts

-He’s been fighting ignorance since 1973. This would initially lead someone to believe that he is an older man but for some reason I picture him starting his official bout with ignorance at a pretty young age, 21 maybe. So I think he’s probably middle aged, upper 40’s, lower 50’s. And while we’re on the subject of 1973, what’s the signifigance of that year? Is that the year that the Reader started publishing his columns or is that the first year he ever walked into a library?

-No one has ever seen a picture of him. I think I’ve got this one…If you were the smartest person in the world would you want pictures of you going around? Could you imagine walking down the street and being quizzed by every coffee-shop intellectual/trekkie that recognized your face? Cecil may know how many calories are in the average male ejaculation because he researched it but is he going to know the average annual rainfall in Zaire right off the top of his head? I doubt it.
Ok it just got really late and I can’t think of anything else we know about him right now but I know I had thought of more stuff earlier so I’ll be back in the morning to post it with a clear head. In the meantime, what do you think our fearless leader is really like?

He once drove cross country in the middle of summer to see if having the windows opened used more or less gas than using the air conditioner (they used the air condidtioner on the way back and compared gas mileage). he refers to “we” when talking about this trip, but does not indicate who the other person(s) was.

I seem to remember references to a Mrs. Adams…

He lives (or used to) in the Chicago area, and I’m pretty
sure he’s mentioned both a wife and kid(s).

I hear he shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die…

**MPSIMS > Where are you Cecil Adams? **