John Goodman – His weight is giving him serious health problems.
Shane McGowan – It’s gotta catch up with him eventually.
Queen Elizabeth – C’mon, she’s outlived her mother and her younger sister.
Terry Gilliam – I have an awful premonition that the animator will suffer a fatal heart attack, the way he goes on. I’m surprised (not disappointed, of course) that Man of La Mancha didn’t kill him.
Gerald Ford – Barely hanging on.
Ben Roethlisberger – All his good luck is on the field; always seems to have bad luck off of it. (Wear your damn helmet, Ben!)
Lindsay Lohan – If she doesn’t get help, and soon…
John Travolta – Pilot. Nuff said.
Michael Jackson – I don’t hope for his suicide, but it wouldn’t surprise me a bit.
Ruben Studdard – This was based on his weight, but I just now found out he’s lost 80 pounds.
Clay Aiken – Allergic to everything and terrified of water.
J.K. Rowling – Just because fate would have her choke on a chicken bone before she submits the last chapter of HP7.
Danny Bonaduce – See Lindsay Lohan.
Alternates:
Anna Nicole Smith – OD? Suicide? Falling down a flight of stairs? Something’s bound to happen.
1 Oral Roberts
2 Billy Graham
3 Ted Kennedy
4 Fidel Castro
5 Britney Spears
6 Steven Seagal
7 Abe Vigoda
8 Carol Channing
9. Christopher Plummer
10. Dick Clark
11. Kevin Federline
12. Jimmy Carter
13. Jane Fonda
Got a big fat goose egg so far this year. Since the odds of my winning are low, I decided to go with a theme for next year - all political figures. Here they are:
Gerald Rudolph Ford, Jr (former President of the United States)
George Herbert Walker Bush (former President of the United States)
Fidel Castro (President of Cuba)
Ariel Sharon (former Prime Minister of Israel)
Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith (Queen Elizabeth II)
Kim Jong-Il (Dear Leader of the People’s Democartic Republic of Korea)
Joseph Alois Ratzinger (Pope Benedict XVI)
Imelda Romualdez Marcos (former First Lady of the Philippines)
Kurt Josef Waldheim (former Secretary-General of the UN)
Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud (King of Saudi Arabia)
Margaret Hilda Thatcher, Baroness Tatcher, LG, OM, PC, FRS (former Primer Minister of the United Kingdom)
Lee Kuan Yew (former Prime Minister of Singapore)
Colonel Muammar Abu Minyar al-Gaddafi [Qadhafi/Qaddafi/Kaddafi - however you want to spell it] (de facto leader of Libya)
Curses to Augusto Pinochet for being unable to hold on for a few weeks.
[QUOTE=carnivorousplant]
Did the state revoke his license?
[/QUOTE]
Not sure; I can’t find specific info on that. However, I’m almost positive he isn’t keeping up with the required CE credits to keep renewing his license. He’s pretty much retired even if not technically banned from practice.
Actor Peter Boyle has died. He robbed me of 29 points.
I’d like to replace him, on my list, with Ray Bradbury (formerly one of my alternates). My list thus stands:
Ariel Sharon
Fidel Castro
Charlton Heston
Dick Clark
Nancy Reagan
Jean-Louis Trintignant
Peter O’Toole
Ray Bradbury
Dick Van Dyke
Angela Lansbury
Julie Andrews
John le Carré
Christopher Tolkein
Alternates:
James Ivory (of Merchant & Ivory)
Stephen Hawking
[QUOTE=bigbabysweets2000]
I wanted to pick Maurice Clarrett, but jail will keep him safe now.
[/QUOTE]
Don’t be shy about starting your 2009 list now bb2k, Maurice is only a guest for 3 years!
My first foray into this madness. (I swear, I made my list before I knew about the cool new award.)
Gary Coleman (b. 1968) - famous diabetic security guard
Andy Dick (b. 1965) - famous dick
Janice Dickinson (b. 1955) - “first supermodel” and oldest person on my list (I think. EVH?)
Robert Downey, Jr. (b. 1965) - famous actor, famous junkie
Michael J. Fox (b. 1961) - the only person I didn’t want to include
Tawny Kitaen (b. 1961) - famous handful
Artie Lange (b. 1967) - “Artie you fat f*$%!” Howard Stern cohort
Courtney Love (b. 1964) - famous junkie
Ralphie May (b.1972) - One-time morbidly obese comic
Heather Mills (McCartney) (b. 1968) - do I have to have a reason?
Terrell “T.O.” Owens (b. 1973) - famous trouble maker
Nicole Richie (b. 1981) - famous for being famous, daughter
Anna Nicole Smith (b. 1967) - famous whack-job
Alternates
Danny Bonaduce (b. 1959) - famous self-described fuck-up
Eddie Van Halen (b. 1955) - famous guitarist
Darryl Strawberry (b. 1962) - old school famous trouble maker
Todd Bridges (b. 1965) - Willis
Your “first foray into the madness,” huh? Yeah, that’s what everyone says for their 666th post, DfrntBreign!
And there is someone I wanted to substitute, but I can’t remember who it was…