[QUOTE=Superbia-acedia]
10. Suzanne Pleshette
11. Tom Poston
[/QUOTE]
Interesting. Muder-suicide pact or firey car crash?
[QUOTE=Superbia-acedia]
10. Suzanne Pleshette
11. Tom Poston
[/QUOTE]
Interesting. Muder-suicide pact or firey car crash?
[QUOTE=carnivorousplant]
Why don’t we all just take 20 points and choose someone other than Castro? ![]()
[/QUOTE]
It appears that my suggestion will soon be a moot point. 
[QUOTE=Trillionaire]
**Meat Loaf ** (aka Marvin Aday - singer / actor)
[/QUOTE]
I think he goes by Michael now, not Marvin. But I could be wrong. This guy’s got more aliases than Pierce Brosnans character in Remmington Steele.
As always, a joint entry for SpoilerVirgin and psychobunny:
Alternates: Dana Carvey, Bea Arthur, Allyn Ann McLerie
Correction: Number 12 should be Soupy Sales.
Welp, looks like I’ll be running the same list…AGAIN…with only one change:
Lilian Jackson Braun–b. 1912 (The author who…)
Gerald Ford–b. 1913 ('Cause you have to have at least one ex-Prez on the list)
Kirk Douglas–b. 1916 (He ain’t Spartacus no more)
Olivia de Haviland–b. 1916 (Welcome to the list!)
Arthur C. Clarke–b. 1917 (I’ll be sad when he becomes a Starchild)
Billy Graham–b. 1918 (He’s already picking his final resting place)
John Glenn–b. 1921 (Astro-senator)
Jesse Helms–b. 1921 (Please die and remove your embarassing self from my state)
Lee Iaccocca–b. 1924 (My favorite unique pick)
Dick Van Dyke–b. 1925 (On my list for the “Keep Alive” properties)
Jerry Lewis–b. 1926 (Froinlaven!)
Peter Falk–b. 1927 (He’ll just have one more question)
Stephen Hawking–b. 1942 (I lost a beloved teacher to Lou Gherig’s this year. He’s lasted longer than she did)
Same Old Alternates:
Anne Rice–b. 1941 (Poster girl for Losing Your Sh!t)
Keith Richards–b. 1943 (The Energizer Bunny of rockers)
John Goodman–b. 1952 (A young’un compared to the rest)
I could be wrong, but I thought Hawking doesn’t actually have ALS/Gherig’s. That’s what he was diagnosed with in the 1960s, when he first started showing symptoms, but I thought that now his progression, plus the fact that he’s outlasted all reasonable projections, has ruled out ALS, and that if they ever figure out what he does have, it will be Hawkings’ Disease. (I could be wrong, though.)
Here are mine:
Nicole Richie
Danny Bonaduce
George HW Bush
Arnold Schwarznegger
Steve Largent
Mike Tyson
Colin Farrell
Colin Quinn
Dolly Parton
Paul McCartney
Jeremy Irons
Ron Jeremy
John Carpenter
[QUOTE=SpoilerVirgin]
Correction: Number 12 should be Soupy Sales.
[/QUOTE]
I was gonna say, What are you in the marketing department at Campbell’s?
[QUOTE=anyrose]
Well, one person in the 2006 thread seems to have been dead-on-balls accurate (to quote Marisa Tomei in “My Cousin Vinny”)
[/QUOTE]
It’s an industry toim.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Time to submit the 2007 Death Pool list. Whereas last year’s (low scoring) list was the collaboration of myself and El Perro Fumando, before she had gotten her own membership, this one is all my own, and let her post hers. Bragging rights within the home are at stake.
Alt:
a. Bob Barker (12/12/23) - Retiring Price is Right host. Come on down, Bob.
b. Gerald Ford (b 7/14/13) - Ex-president.
My first entry! I helped Only Mostly Dead last year with his list, but now that I have my own account, let the in-house rivalry begin!
Alternates
14. Margaret Thatcher (b. 10/13/1925)
15. Gene Wilder (b. 6/11/1933)
16. Bob Dylan (b. 5/24/1941)
Last year I tried to go for all solo picks and went 1 for 13. This year, let’s jump on some bandwagons.
Alternates:
I’m going for quantity this year after my miserable 2006 showing (two picks, worth a total of 21 points). So let’s see how this works:
Alternates:
Claude Levi-Strauss
Ernest Gallo
Gerald Ford
Four of my picks are repeats from this year, and one of my alternates was on the 2006 list.
Haven’t done this before, but one just occurred to me the other day so perhaps this is the time to join in:
A1. Dick Cheney
A2. George W. Bush
A3. Donald Rumsfeld
I know that the rules state that list submissions must be in by midnight 12/31, CDT in the US.
But what about deaths, if exact time can be established? If it’s already 1/1 somewhere, but still 12/31 in the Central US time zone, when would a choice count or not?
I think it would be bad form to resubmit your list mere seconds before New Year’s just to take advantage of a late death.
[QUOTE=Sean Factotum]
I think it would be bad form to resubmit your list mere seconds before New Year’s just to take advantage of a late death.
[/QUOTE]
No, it’s not.
[QUOTE=Sean Factotum]
I think it would be bad form to resubmit your list mere seconds before New Year’s just to take advantage of a late death.
[/QUOTE]
that doesn’t really answer the question.
I’m going to go ahead and guess that no matter what time it is where a fellow dies, if it’s before midnight 12/31 CDT, it’s considered a 2006 death.