The Expanse Season 5 trailer and release date

Plus, “You’re not that guy… I AM that guy” works better in my head

No question to me. The line as was was perfect.

And I love how he hints at depths with just one line…

Avasarala : Lean back, with my weight on my heel?
Amos : Yes. [Avasarala engaging the boots] There you go. Now you just walk around like you’re in pumps.
Avasarala : How do you know what it’s like to walk in pumps?
Amos : [Dry] I didn’t always work in space…

And in the newest season:

Avasarala : I’m a member of parliament, not your favorite stripper
Amos : You could be both.

Amos has a very interesting take on equality…

Nope… the contraction “you’re” should be followed by the contraction “I’m”, IMO.

Early in this season that line got more ominous meaning during flashback conversations. What he needed to do to survive as a boy before he became muscle.

Yeah, there were other conversations in earlier seasons that filled in some things about Amos’ early life. Like when he’s discussing Cortazar with Holden, and Amos asks, “Have you ever talked to a pedophile?”

Amos was quite calm, but it was pretty clear that yes, Amos was quite familiar with pedophiles.

Number of syllables >>>>> contraction or not, in this case.

Likely one of the reasons that the writers of the show are writers of a very successful show who created in that scene something that many fans remember, are impressed and moved by, and quote, and you are not. :slight_smile:

What works best for you is well and good. You hated the scene. The impact of the scene on so many others though, as done, stands nevertheless.

Episode 5x6 was really good, as has the whole season so far.

I thought is was a bit odd however for Clarissa to make the argument that maybe it wasn’t right for them to kill the guy because they needed his stuff when she was the one who actually killed him. She’d beaten him up and disarmed him. At that point they could’ve gotten what they needed without killing him.

Well, at that point, he was about to shoot Amos. That Amos had engineered that situation probably wasn’t clear to her in the moment.

Also, one thing the book made more clear than the show, is that when she’s using her mods, she’s not really in a mindset to be making the best decisions. There’s more than one scene in the books where she comes to after using her mods, only to be horrified by what she did while she was jacked up on her super-drugs. It’s one of the things that helps to redeem her character - even though she was introduced as someone who was hell bent on revenge for what she though Holden had “done to her father/family”, she didn’t really understand what that meant until it was too late.

Now she’s trying to make amends for that, but the nature of her mods means she almost always makes a hash of it every time she tries to do “the right thing”.

One of the reasons the Peaches&Amos storyline works so well is that she’s pretty much a living embodiment of Amos’ theory of The Churn. The high are brought low, the low are elevated, some people live, and some die, and there’s not much in the way of rhyme or reason as to who falls into each category.

Episode 7 - Oyedeng

I wasn’t a big fan of this one. I think they put all the good stuff in last week’s. The complete absence of Amos didn’t help.

In particular, the scene where Filip asks Marco for more responsibility didn’t work for me. Marco tells Filip to pound sand and humiliates him by listing all his failures, but then says he’ll inherit everything, while the crew starts chanting Filip! Filip! I guess they’re trying to show how Marco controls Filip by alternating abuse and flattery (straight out of the abuser’s playbook), but I don’t think it was very well done.

Hopefully this week was a little pause in the action to set things up for the remaining episodes.

Slower. Feels more like a setting things up ep.

Would Naomi’s last scene action have worked?

At first I thought Filip and the older guy (what was his name again?) were plotting to turn on Marco but had to fool everyone including Naomi to do it; but the ending kinda screwed up THAT theory.

My next theory is that Marco will try to blast Naomi’s ship but Filip will stop him somehow.

She would definitely have died IRL, but I think that’s why they showed her injecting SOMETHING. Whatever it was, it prevented her from dying long enough to reach the other ship and close the door.

As for whether there is anything you could inject to keep you alive in a vacuum - I doubt it? But at least they didn’t go for the meme of instant blood boiling and explosive decompression.

Naomi’s ship is there to lure the Roci and destroy it. So Marco isn’t going to blast it.

A blood oxygen dose. They showed it earlier in the season (I think Holden used it on Monica after they rescued her).

Pretty sure it was the same or similar to the hyper-oxygenated cocktail that had earlier been given to Monica to keep her alive when they found her in the box.

In my limited understanding, vacuum won’t kill you in seconds, and maybe not even in a minute or two, but what is hard to believe is that she wouldn’t be in too much pain to do things like inject herself and operate the hatch at the other ship while in vacuum. But perhaps her experience growing up as a Belter includes training and even experience in resisting the pain and surviving for short periods of time in hard vacuum.

Nope. It was pure idiocy.

Problems:

She was blown out of the airlock at conciderable speed while Oldtatoos wasn’t even budged.

There was a very small amount of air in the room in the first place.

She took a deep breath before opening the door, which means that her lungs would have exploded.

The immediate problem with being in a vacuum is lack of pressure, not lack of oxygen, so the special air injection would do jack-shit to help her.

Everything was coincidentally lined up exactly perfectly for an unaimable puff of air to move her to exactly the right spot, when 1 degree of difference in any direction would lead to failure?

I’ll be curious to know if Marco and Filip realize she survived and is now on the other ship, or if they will assume she killed herself.

Vacuum will knock you out in seconds and absolutely kill you in a minute or two.

As to this- she wasn’t blown out. She threw herself forward from the handrails. Not that hard of an aim. Cyan was hanging on.