The governor of Texas is an ass.

I’ve never started a Pit thread before, but this asshole put me over the edge.

This morning, there was a murder just south of downtown Austin. The murder suspect appears to be someone who has had issues with homelessness.

The City of Austin has been battling homelessness with several controversial measures. As many people know, Austin itself is rather liberal while the state government is rather conservative. This leads to many conflicts and state officials tend to get involved in Austin affairs just to score political points. Governor Abbott has been harsh in his criticism of Austin’s handling of homeless issues. Of course, the Governor hasn’t done a damned thing to reduce homelessness in Austin or anywhere else. “Fuck 'em” seems to be his attitude.

So, after the murder this morning, Abbott tweeted the following:

"When all facts are revealed I bet you’ll learn that the killer was a homeless man with prior arrests. If so Austin’s reckless homeless policy puts lives in danger to murders like this.

Austin leaders must answer for their perilous policies."

Abbott is a Trumpist and this is the result. Abbott never would have said something like this out loud before Trump became POTUS.

Piece of shit.

No kidding. He actively harms Texans with his policies, but he has enough Texans fooled that they keep voting for him. Boy I would like some reporter to put him on the hot seat publicly but oh well.

The solution, therefore, is to support lawmakers who will make more currently middle class whites homeless.

Pain is the only way people learn.

The OP’s statement is probably true for any given time over the last couple of decades.

There is no way he’ll stand for that.

:flees:

He wouldn’t be able to tell.

(For those of you know don’t know, Greg Abbott is a paraplegic.)

I thought of that after I posted but you guys know what I mean!!! It is a figure of speech! :stuck_out_tongue: He really deserves to be driven out of the state on a rail but I was trying to think of something more productive and less violent.

Abbott always loves tweeting crime stories involving minority suspects. He is silent on most other crimes. This is only his expansion from Muslims and Latinos to the homeless.

Nah, he’s a big boy. He can handle it. Certainly deserves it. If he were half the upstanding Christian he pretends to be, he’d wonder more about what he did to merit that chair.

Also, saying that the Texas state legislature is full of asses has probably always been true.

They have an entire media apparatus in place to redirect blame at democrats and black people whenever their policies hurt their own voters.

Why did you bother to type the word, “Texas” in your sentence? It makes it awfully narrowing.

Sadly, Molly Ivins is no longer with us…she made a career of putting Texas Governors and politicians on the hot seat. Read Molly Ivins - Wikipedia to learn a bit about her.

Is there such a thing as frog-rolling someone? Asking for a friend.