The Great Pumpkin-Tool of the Gay Agenda!

In today’s Washington Post, there is a story about “pro-family activists” boycotting a Northern Viriginia pumpkin farm because the couple who own it-a heterosexual couple-fly the rainbow flag
over the farm.
Apparently, the mere sight of a rainbow flag is enough to assimilate burgeoning young heterosexuals into the dread Gay Lifestyle.
WTF is wrong with people? Have they nothing better to do with their lives? And should they stop calling themselves pro-family;I’m gay, I love families, and I plan to form a family with my life partner. Those right-wing kooks should call themselves what they are: pro-hate and pro-bigotry.

I can just imagine the gay version of “It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown”: Lucy gets candy, Charlie Brown gets a rock, and Linus gets the Cabaret original cast album.

Yep, boycotting pumpkins will bring the whole gay rights moevement to its feet.!

Its no different than hardcore gay extremists not purchasing their school supplies at the Christian bookstore right next door, and instead driving half way across town to purchase the same items. There are extremists on BOTH sides and neither side (of anything) should be identified/defined as a whole by the actions of the extremists.

Can’t we all get along???

I will never look at a pumpkin the same way again.

shoot, I meant to their knees…which might be a straight line…

I’d want to know more about why those “hardcore gay extremists” won’t patronize the Christian bookstore before I agree. If they won’t shop there only because the store is owned by Christians, then I’d agree, they’re being ignorant and bigoted as well. On the other hand, if the store owners are of the “God Hates Fags” variety, I can’t blame them for not wanting to shop there. I wouldn’t either!

What I’m wondering about people who call themselves “pro-family” is: who the fuck is ANTI-family?

This is strictly an amateur operation with no training, no experience, and no effective budget. We’re definitely not pros.

Um, hello?!?! goboy! Have you not seen my picture on the People Pages? It’s me as Linus, for God’s sake! I was in a production of “Snoopy” in '96, and my solo was all about - you guessed it - The Great Pumpkin! Sheesh, you are so out of the loop - this has been on The Agenda for quite some time.

Esprix

Sorry, bad link - try this one.

Esprix

You’ve never met mine.

Yuh gawddamn pre-verts! Messin’ 'round with mah pumpkins!! Don’t make me shewt yer asses!

Whut?

Oh, them holes in mah pumpkins?

Well don’t you worry none 'bout that. They wuz, uhhh, grown that way. Yuh, that’s it. They wuz like that when I got here, really. . . .

I’m glad you started this thread, goboy, because I was going to. I read this in the Post during my morning Metro ride and it was all I could do not to double up in laughter at some of the stupidity being exhibited. I made a decision on the spot to drive up there this weekend and buy 4 or 5 large pumpkins to carve into jack-o-lanterns for Halloween.

Phil, you should find some mini-rainbow flags to put in the top of each jack o’lantern. :smiley:

Phil,
Remind me to buy you a beer!

Phil:

I love you, just wanted you to know.

Yer pal,
Satan

*I HAVE BEEN SMOKE-FREE FOR:
Six months, three days, 17 hours, 2 minutes and 2 seconds.
7468 cigarettes not smoked, saving $933.55.
Extra life with Drain Bead: 3 weeks, 4 days, 22 hours, 20 minutes.

I slept with a moderator!*

Dave- You know I’ve been for gay rights for a while, but it just isn’t acomplishing anything

Wally- That’s because you aren’t extreme enough. If you want to effect change you have to take it to the EXTREME!!!

Dave- you’re right. But, still it’s not enough. I just feel something is missing.

Wally- I know. We’ve got to become HARDCORE!! Dude! HARDCORE GAY EXTREMISTS!!! all the way dude!

Dave- Totally dude! HARDCORE GAY RIGHTS! TAKE IT TO THE EXTREME!!
I also wanted to state that OpenGrave’s analogy was a little off. The pumpkin farmers themselves were straight. They were merely showin their support for the gay community. To take it logically, we would have to have a gay group boycotting a gay christian bookstore. Something not even the “Hardcore” activists do.

Me. If you knew my family, you’d see why.
(I mean my extended family)
:wink:

So Esprix are you saying that it is all just a great ploy to get people into a place where they have to bend over for their pumpkin and never be aware that they are falling right into our hands?

WOW! :open_mouth:

And the great pumpkin would be code name for?

I am taking my kids out to the pumpkin patch this afternoon. Any suggestions on how to make a pumpkin look butch or fem? I suppose I could dress one in drag! :smiley:

Damn, I am so glad that I don’t get to see that kind of stupidity around here.

Kricket,

i question your motives in choosing an arbitrary gender role for a pumpkin. I think it’s repressive.

<snicker>