The Great Summer 2018 Doper Postcard Exchange!

We all got ourselves as part of our list, methinks. Just send to the other three. Unless you have a really neat card. Then send it to yourself. Who else deserves it? :smiley:

Got my names, got my cards. All I need to do is think up a witty message and send them off!

I’ve found it easier to compile participants’ names and addresses in groups of four, and then you just send cards to the other three in your group. But I certainly won’t stop anyone from mailing a card to themselves.

My three cards went out earlier today.

Mine went into the post 15 minutes ago!

Mine are in the mail as well.

Dropped a batch in the box today, for Monday pick-up. Note I am headed out on travels, and will have to remind my son to check the mail for arrivals.

Mailed my postcards this morning!

Sent mine out this morning.

Note to my recipients: due to the nature of the cards I’m sending, you’ll be getting an envelope as opposed to “just” a postcard.

I received three, count 'em, three postcards from silenus today: two from Redlands CA: modern postcard of the train station, and an ancient postcard of the First Congregational Church. The third seems to be from some foreign planet named Raal which has a lovely seaside boardwalk and what appears to be a staid disco.

Thanks, silenus

And I think I win the prize for best mailman!

Postcards were put out for the postman today.

Raal.

A lovely vacation spot.

Those of you on** blondebear**'s list: I’ve gotten some cards from him in the past, and you are in for a treat!

Same here: I have been on his list, and am now and I’m especially looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

Well, you and The Butterfly’s Ghost are no slouches either!

Good to hear that my recipients have enjoyed my contributions! :smiley:

Hey, I’ve got plenty of cards–I’ll be happy to send something to any interested parties. PM me your snail mail addy and I’ll send something to you post haste.

Received my first postcard, a picture of a beautiful oil painting from the Cleveland Museum, today, from Elendil’s Heir. Thank you!

I got three from Silenus today too - the Redlands train station (which is indeed cool), a photo of one of those big-ass sequoia trees in Sequoia National Park, and some desert scenes. Thanks!

(I visited the Muir Woods ages ago and took my camera. Then realized how unpossible it was going to be to capture exactly how huge those redwood trees are).

More postcards today from my super-efficient mailman Eddie!

Algher sent a postcard of the Getty Villa Herb Garden (Orange County) which looks very peaceful and restful. Thanks, Algher!

blondbear sent a postcard of a painting which turns out to be a mural on the side of his hotel in The Dulles, Oregon. He also sent a “packet” thingy which has a foldout of 18 pictures of “Along the Lincoln Highway in Wyoming” (e.g., Cedar Street, Rawlins). This pack appears to be from the 50’s or 40’s. I could not find a print or copyright date, but the stamp area says “15 cents”. So, that ancient. Thanks, blondebear!!!

Finally got mine sent, though I doubt they’ll arrive that quickly. The Christmas stamps look a bit funny on the summer-themed cards but whatever gets them to their destination, right?

Cards sent.